Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Compupol CPSC - horizontal or vertical mounting?

1. Back To Top    #1

Compupol CPSC - horizontal or vertical mounting?

My Compupool arrives today and I am not sure which way the cell should be installed. I'll be doing it myself but the installer who put in my pool last week swears it should go vertically (i.e. up and down). Looking around I have found one forum member who had theirs installed horizontally. I have read the install instructions and they don't say either way.

So which way should I go?

Should the cell be mounted up high off the ground or does it matter (I know the control box needs to be at least 1 meter off the ground).

Thanks

Greg
    27' x 52" Round Lomart Sandstone AGP
    ~ 18,000 Gallons
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter 300lb
    Hayward 1HP Matrix 2 Speed pump
    2" Plumbing - 50 Foot run buried 18" Deep - Widemouth skimmer and 1 return with eyeball
    Compupool CPSC24

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Compupol CPSC - horizontal or vertical mounting?

For the CPSC series, CompuPool specifically states that:
    The cell is to be mounted horizontal with the inlets and outlets facing down.
    Height above the ground isn't critical either way, though high enough to access easily is nice.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Very good, thanks

Greg
    27' x 52" Round Lomart Sandstone AGP
    ~ 18,000 Gallons
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter 300lb
    Hayward 1HP Matrix 2 Speed pump
    2" Plumbing - 50 Foot run buried 18" Deep - Widemouth skimmer and 1 return with eyeball
    Compupool CPSC24

4. Back To Top    #4

My instructions said to mount horizontally, but to mount vertically, if required. I split the difference and mounted it diagonally.
    Larry
    16x28 vinyl inground kidney, 1HP pump, sand filter, Compupool SWG, 11K gallons