ascorbic setback

Jun 3, 2010
Did a very successful ascorbic treatment a couple of weeks ago, but had a major setback.

Chlorine levels have been hard to raise since the treatment; since 2 weeks had passed and I was getting traces of algae in the corners of the pool I tried to raise the chlorine a bit more aggressively; not a full-blown shock, but obviously too much…

Anyhow, woke up this morning and the water had turned a metallic green: does this mean the iron has dropped out of solution?

Is it sufficient to add (lots of) Metal Free at this stage, or do I need to let the chlorine to fall back to zero and start the whole process again?

Thanks!

Chris

just had the water tested - they say the metal readings are fine. Is it possible that the iron can color the whole pool green and not show up in a test?

they just said the phosphate levels are sky high and it must be algae - it's not algae!!!

brilliant - that's what i needed to know. The water is really quite clear. I sent my father-in-law to the pool store to get a test and buy the sequestrant and they didn't want him to spend $50 when they were reading no iron - they had good intentions but inferior knowledge!

thanks for the amazingly prompt replies!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.