Had an SWG unit installed on Saturday...WOOHOO!
So... started with chem all balanced and followed instructions:
- 1) added salt, (9) 40lb bags
2) ran the pump for 24 hrs with an 1hr break to prevent the poor thing from burning out
3) turned on the SWG and ran for another 24hrs
4) headed to the pool store for a water reading
These are the results:
- FAC 0
Manual states levels should be:
- FC 1.0-3.0
Bought another 5 bags and added 4 for now...
The pool store recommended to add 3lbs of ChlorBrite while the SWG unit catches up and 2 liters of Phos Free (of course).
- 1) The manual isn't clear what to do after the initial 48 hr startup.
Should I start the whole process again with a 24hr pump only session prior to turning on the SWG for another 24hrs? or just switch on the unit now?
2) Should I add the ChlorBrite while the SWG catches up?
The cholrine level was within range on Sat, but it was a hot Monday with the SWG trying to produce chlorine without enough salt.
Thanks for whatever help you can offer!