When we opened our pool this year there was all kind of leaves that fell in off the cover. I mean alot! We had alot of rain here which prevented us from getting started on cleaning this thing up. Before I knew about this site I took my water to the pool store and they had me add stablizer and lo n so. I have been using 4 bags of store bought shock every night, desolving it before I add it to the pool. I will admit i have not vacumed the pool everyday. My water has turned from black to a murkey pale white/green. My numbers when I test are cl .05 ph 7.8 hardness 160 and alkaline 160. my cya is undetectable. I was wondering if I am on the right track? should I convert to using bleach to "shock" my pool and if so how much bleach would i need and to what cl level do I need?
Thanks for taking time to read this.