Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Tool identification

  1. Back To Top    #1

    Tool identification

    What is the name of the tool used to pressurize MD lines with air?
    I'd like to back purge my MD line with air, there is a rubber booted tool that accepts compressed air. I believe it is similar to a "Drain King" in design.
    I have an IG pool which has a main drain that's plugged. I have a skimmer with 2 ports and tried to back-flush the MD line with a "Drain King" but got no results from either location. Next step is to use a "burst" of air pressure.
    I tried to back flush from the strainer location at the pump but still NO-Go. Next step is to insert a male air hose fitting into the MD to pump input line.
    If I can find an inflatable tool instead of tapping the input line, I'd rather go that route.
    I'm a General Contractor and have a few "test plugs" for testing shower pans prior to tiling them, and I think the device that I'm looking for resembles them.
    Should it be used in the secondary port of the skimmer? Or the input from main drain line to pump? (which is clogged)
    I added a couple of pics because we all like pictures. My pool is cleaning up very nicely thanks to the information I have received from this forum, Thanks!
    Thank you for your assistance.


    Edited; I realize in the photo I have the MD line turned to "OFF" position and am pulling only from the skimmer at poolside, using a 50/50 ratio only causes air bubbles in the strainer at the pump. I did reverse the appropriate valves when I tried to back flush. Wrongly positioned valve would have been too easy.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. Back To Top    #2

    Anyone? Anyone?...................Buler

    I stopped in at the local Lestlie's pool supply and asked about this unknown tool and was told
    that the tool is not for sale, and only the servicemen have one......Nice.
    Come'on somebody throw me a bone!


  3. Back To Top    #3
    frustratedpoolmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    SWSuburban Chicago, IL

    Re: Tool identification

    Don't take this the wrong way but I still can't figure out exactly what tool you are looking for. Is there a photo example you could share?
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner
    Perfectly Clear Pool Service, Find me on Facebook!

  4. Back To Top    #4

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Denton, TX

    Re: Tool identification

    Have you looked at plumbing supply sources on the internet? I would imagine that this is where you would find such a device. I certainly can't picture one in my head.

    I wouldn't expect Leslie's to have a clue about this anyway.

  5. Back To Top    #5

    In the Industry

    X-PertPool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Exeter, PA

    Re: Tool identification

    Is this what you are looking for? ... atable.php
    X-Pert Pool Service
    X-Pert Pool on Facebook and @XPertPoolServic on Twitter
    22,000 gal / 16' x 32' / Vinyl / Hayward s244t /Pentair SuperFlo 1 hp

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts