Tool identification

Renron

May 18, 2010
Placerville , Ca.
What is the name of the tool used to pressurize MD lines with air?
I'd like to back purge my MD line with air, there is a rubber booted tool that accepts compressed air. I believe it is similar to a "Drain King" in design.
I have an IG pool which has a main drain that's plugged. I have a skimmer with 2 ports and tried to back-flush the MD line with a "Drain King" but got no results from either location. Next step is to use a "burst" of air pressure.
I tried to back flush from the strainer location at the pump but still NO-Go. Next step is to insert a male air hose fitting into the MD to pump input line.
If I can find an inflatable tool instead of tapping the input line, I'd rather go that route.
I'm a General Contractor and have a few "test plugs" for testing shower pans prior to tiling them, and I think the device that I'm looking for resembles them.
Should it be used in the secondary port of the skimmer? Or the input from main drain line to pump? (which is clogged)
I added a couple of pics because we all like pictures. My pool is cleaning up very nicely thanks to the information I have received from this forum, Thanks!
Thank you for your assistance.

Ron

Edited; I realize in the photo I have the MD line turned to "OFF" position and am pulling only from the skimmer at poolside, using a 50/50 ratio only causes air bubbles in the strainer at the pump. I did reverse the appropriate valves when I tried to back flush. Wrongly positioned valve would have been too easy. :)

Anyone? Anyone?...................Buler

I stopped in at the local Lestlie's pool supply and asked about this unknown tool and was told
that the tool is not for sale, and only the servicemen have one......Nice.
Come'on somebody throw me a bone!

:)
Ron

Have you looked at plumbing supply sources on the internet? I would imagine that this is where you would find such a device. I certainly can't picture one in my head.

I wouldn't expect Leslie's to have a clue about this anyway.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.