New Soft Sided Intex 12' x 24' with Deck

May 17, 2010
Washington State
I have setup an Intex 12' x 24' soft sided pool next to my new 12' deck expansion and will add the other 12' after I enjoy the pool for a few months. I have posted a few pictures.

Attachments

• pooln2decks.jpg
    pooln2decks.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 645
  • Poolndeck.jpg
    Poolndeck.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 647
  • Deckframenpool.jpg
    Deckframenpool.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 645
Very nice. :goodjob: Clean lines and very inviting. Is that composite decking?

I've had a 30' X 30' Trex deck for almost 10 years. Virtually zero maintenance. I'm getting ready to use some I had left over right on the ground with little prep, level, add some sand, weed cloth, a bit of chopped, recycled, rubber ground cover (we have kazillions of rocks that work up). Can't get much simpler. I've already been using those pieces for years, straight on the dirt, with huge 5 ft long planters and storage bins sitting on them. When I moved the things to clean up the boards they were just like new.

gg=alice

geekgranny said:
Very nice. :goodjob: Clean lines and very inviting. Is that composite decking?

I've had a 30' X 30' Trex deck for almost 10 years. Virtually zero maintenance. I'm getting ready to use some I had left over right on the ground with little prep, level, add some sand, weed cloth, a bit of chopped, recycled, rubber ground cover (we have kazillions of rocks that work up). Can't get much simpler. I've already been using those pieces for years, straight on the dirt, with huge 5 ft long planters and storage bins sitting on them. When I moved the things to clean up the boards they were just like new.

gg=alice

Hi Geekgranny,

The deck wood is cedar with deckscape solid stain... The Trex was triple the price in my area and I was not sure this deck would even work around this type of pool.

Question on Your Deck

Hawkfan,
Been a while since you posted this, so not sure if you are reading. I am looking at doing a something similar to your setup, but have two questions. From your photos, it looks as though your deck is laying on top of the pool edge. Is it, or is just above it? If so, are there any issues? Also, it looks as though the deck supports (to the ground) are set back from thh pool a bit; to avoid the pool U-supports I assume? How far are they set back; and again, have you had any issues with the install?

Thanks, and I appreciate your reply if you are still tracking this board/thread.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.