Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: a joke

1. Back To Top    #1
    Sacramento, CA
    820 a joke

I saw a "Free Swimming Pool Test Kit" on fatwallet (my other favorite site) and had to check it out.

I am not sure what agenda has, but apparently the only two parameters necessary for a healthy pool are pH between 7.2 and 7.8 and FC between 1 and 3. No mention of CYA or anything else. FC of 5 is indicated as "unacceptable" and "unhealthy". Nothing like educating the public.
    TFP Method Advanced Intermediate
    • 17,500 gallons - In Ground - Plaster - Hayward Swimclear 3020 Cartridge Filter - Sta-Rite Max-E-Glas Main Pump upgraded with A.O. Smith B2980 E-Plus New Centurion Two-Speed Motor - Polaris 280 Cleaner with Polaris PB4-60 Booster Pump - TightWatt2 Timer - Taylor K-2006 Test Kit - Pool Pilot Digital Nano SWCG

Helpful Links: Pool School, BBB for Beginners, How to Shock ('s a process not a product), Chlorine/CYA Chart, Jason's Pool Calculator

2. Back To Top    #2
    Stephens City, VA

Re: a joke

Yah...crazy huh? I requested a test kit awhile back. Haven't received it yet.

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing....
    Backyard pool-less, but used to be.....
    16,100 gallon, 18x38 3.5 ft deep oval AG, Vinyl, Sand, 1hp pump Liquidator TFT100 test kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Flower Mound, TX

Re: a joke

The Water Quality and Health Council is the source. It seems that they are formed by a combination of chlorine producing industries and some various oversight commission members. This is federal funding for special interests.

I've been looking at it. Much of it is the same old rehashed stuff that is the result of not keeping up with the science behind things like CYA and FC ratios. "2 to 4 ppm on your FC and you'll never have a problem" type of thing. They are right about some things though such as the mention that giardia and crypto being able to live in properly chlorinated pool water for a long time.
    10K gallon IG gunite with waterfall; Pentair CC320P filter; WhisperFlo 2 HP pump
    TF Test Kits - Pool Math - Pool School
    "It depends."- JohnT