The CH of the water coming out of the tap here in Mexico is 400. Our cement pool typically has a CH level of 600. However, when the numbers get this high I am a little skeptical of the accuracy. The other numbers are
FC 2
CC 0
PH 7.5 to 7.7
TA 60 to 80
CYA 40
Salt 4000

Is there any way to lower the CH?
Note that the closest pool servicer is 300 miles away in Tucson. However, we do go to AZ sometimes to purchase items.

There are machines that can filter the calcium out, but the cost is not trivial. I know these are used in Arizona, but I couldn't say about Mexico. There aren't any easy ways to do it.

The problem with getting one of the machines down here is that I understand that they are on a trailer and the permits, customs, and work visas required would really make this prohibitive. If I knew what the machine does, I might be able to get someone to build something that would do a similar task down here. The Mexican's are very creative in doing things like this. We could then share the cost with others with pools down here.

da2434890 said:
The CH of the water coming out of the tap here in Mexico is 400. Our cement pool typically has a CH level of 600. However, when the numbers get this high I am a little skeptical of the accuracy. The other numbers are
FC 2
CC 0
PH 7.5 to 7.7
TA 60 to 80
CYA 40
Salt 4000

Is there any way to lower the CH?
Note that the closest pool servicer is 300 miles away in Tucson. However, we do go to AZ sometimes to purchase items.

Other than a process using special equipment or a drain and refill with lower CH water I don't think there is a way to get rid of it. There are some filters that reduce some minerals, like those for water misting/drip systems but I'm not sure if they really reduce the "in solution" calcium.

Some other people will comment. I have a friend who has CH higher 600. For now, until we get more rain, we're keeping the TA on the low side. I can't remember numbers exactly but I think I left the TA around 40, until we could do a little draining. The CSI is pretty good. We don't let the pH ever go above 7.5.

gg=alice

The process of removing just about everything in the water is Reverse Osmosis. You can google it to learn more about it. If there's a large enough demand, it might be worth putting together a system and sharing the cost between many pool owners.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.