Green Salt Water Pool

lilrdh

Jun 14, 2010
We have had a new retaining wall put up in our backyard to include some dirt work. The workers did not cover the pool thus getting topsoil in our pool. We have vacuumed it out every day, but now the pool is a murky green. I'm hesitant to take a sample to our local pool places because they always try to sell you every chemical in their arsinal (not that I'm opposed to buying what is needed, I'd just like to know what to buy BEFORE I go in). The chemical stick comes back normal. Any ideas as to what the problem may be and how to fix it? Thanks.

Welcome to TFP.

Have you had the SWCG running the whole time?

Without a good set of test results it's hard to say what to do other than keep vacuuming till you have all the dirt out. Since you don't have your own test kit your best bet is to take a sample in and let them test it. Just resist the pressure to buy anything. Then come back here and post the results.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.