Temp 70
    FC 2.6
    TC 2.6
    P.H 8.6
    TA 110
    CYA 60
    CH 85
    My salt tested perfect at 3500 which is what my SWG calls for in the manual
    I know I need to lower my PH level and would appreciate feedback as to how I should do this if I want to use the BBB method. My calculations call for roughly 96 oz of muriatic acid. Is that correct? I would also like feedback on the overall numbers posted.

Thanks so much
    23,800 gal IG vinyl sand filter SWG

2. Back To Top    #2

Flower Mound, TX

Re: High PH and BBB method

Welcome to TFP!

If your pool is 23,800 gallons, then 76 ounces of muriatic acid will lower your pH to 7.2. I wouldn't lower it beyond that point. Pour the MA slowly in front of a return jet in the deep end of your pool and retest in an hour. Make sure the pump stays running.

Your FC is low. The minimum for your SWCG pool would be 3. You should target an FC of 4 to be optimal since below 3 is not adequate to sanitize.

Other than the pH and the FC, you look good.

ETA: Just to make sure, be sure that you are using the The Pool Calculator. See the link in my sig line.
    10K gallon IG gunite with waterfall; Pentair CC320P filter; WhisperFlo 2 HP pump
    TF Test Kits - Pool Math - Pool School
    "It depends."- JohnT

3. Back To Top    #3

Cupertino, CA

Re: High PH and BBB method

For a salt pool in Georgia, I'd think CYA 60 is a little on the low side, but only a little. If the cell can maintain FC with a reasonable on-time, no reason to mess with success.
    BBB "Intermediate Swimmer"
    IG plaster pool 18.5K gal, Hayward Pro-Grid DE filter, 3/4 HP Hydramax II; Polaris 380, 3/4 HP booster
    AG spa 325 gal, probably Sundance of some kind
    Water testing instructions on one page