Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Rookie pool guy

1. Back To Top    #1

Rookie pool guy

Nothing makes a rookie pool guy feel more welcome than a thread dedicated to his the Beginners Guide to Seasonal/Temporary Pools! It is like Water Quality for Dummies, and I am a dummy!

Got my 14X42 Intex and the whole family is enjoying it immensely. I am trying to head off the inevitable science project the water will become without proper care. I am looking to learn the BBB method and apply it to my 3K gallon mini.

Hope the shock treatment I started off with last night has settles down, temps will approach 100 today!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Rookie pool guy

Welcome to TFP
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator

3. Back To Top    #3

Flower Mound, TX

Welcome to TFP!
    10K gallon IG gunite with waterfall; Pentair CC320P filter; WhisperFlo 2 HP pump
    TF Test Kits - Pool Math - Pool School
    "It depends."- JohnT

4. Back To Top    #4

Coastalish 'down easter'

"ob1quixote, your my only hope"

Welcome to TFP!!

Thanks for reading and know we'll be here to help, should any issues arise (like the DeathStar orbiting your pool)
    Luv& Luk

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

5. Back To Top    #5

LOL! So far, so good, no need to slay the whirling algae blooms with my light saber!

6. Back To Top    #6
    Acton Maine

Welcome to TFP!
    14x33 fiberglass freeform
    Variable speed Pentair intelliflo superpump
    420 Clean and Clear Plus cartridge filter.
    pool-school/pool_calculator ,