Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Floor return question

1. Back To Top    #1

Floor return question

Hello - I'm posting a photo of one of my floor returns because I want to replace this wide open fitting that shoots water straight to the surface with one that looks like a main drain cover - open along the sides and covered on top so that the water runs along the floor of the pool.

Anyone know the kind of floor return that I describe, and where I can find them? Also, would it be a matter of simply unscrewing my existing ones and screwing in the new one?

18k gal inground, everbrite finish, 505 sq ft; 1.5 hp two speed whisperflow; rheem 5100ti 100k btu heat pump; 3 sheer descent falls; DE filter; swg (cell out and using trichlor for now)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Floor return question

this is probably the best you can do. From the pic you posted it looks like a regular 1.5" threaded return?

http://www.epoolshop.com/hydrostream_sl ... _jets.aspx
    [center:3gj9kdnn]Matt Heck
    "HECK OF A POOL SERVICE LLC"
    Serving Ocean co. NJ
    COMPANY INFO BELOW
    http://maps.google.com/maps/place?hl=en ... 2995187987[/center:3gj9kdnn]

3. Back To Top    #3

I have them in my pool. I think they were Hayward products, but I can't find the listing. Swimquip makes them as well as this link I did find (can't say anything good/bad about the company).
    Geometric 16X36', 16K gal, shotcrete, exposed aggregate plaster, acrylic coated concrete deck/cantilever coping;
    Pentair equipment suite (EasyTouch w/wireless, 2 Intellibrites, Intelliflo VS-3050, C&C 200 Filter, IC-40 SWG);
    Heliocol solar panels, Rocky's Roller, Blue Diamond robot

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks guys. lbridges, that's the kind of fitting I'm talking about, but I believe it is 2". I've identified my returns as hayward sp1026, which is 1.5", so I need to keep looking....
    18k gal inground, everbrite finish, 505 sq ft; 1.5 hp two speed whisperflow; rheem 5100ti 100k btu heat pump; 3 sheer descent falls; DE filter; swg (cell out and using trichlor for now)

5. Back To Top    #5

My floor returns are 1.5" - I know because the PB had to cut off the 2" stubs just before they shot the shell and put in 1.5"

I'm 99% sure they told me the floor returns were a Hayward product. I think they are Hayward SP1425.

At any rate I'm 100% sure they do exist.

My PB is Intercoastal Pool & Spa in Melbourne - look 'em up and give them a call for a part number - tell them I sent ya (not sure if that will help or hurt ).
    Geometric 16X36', 16K gal, shotcrete, exposed aggregate plaster, acrylic coated concrete deck/cantilever coping;
    Pentair equipment suite (EasyTouch w/wireless, 2 Intellibrites, Intelliflo VS-3050, C&C 200 Filter, IC-40 SWG);
    Heliocol solar panels, Rocky's Roller, Blue Diamond robot

6. Back To Top    #6

Thanks again