I am having a higher than expected chlorine smell and eye irritation level, note this is an indoor pool here are my numbers are as of about 2 hours before having 5 people in the pool:
CC less then .5
pH 7.3 (acid added least weekend dropped to about 7.1 last to reduce TA down from 120-130)
CYA just under 20
CH 330 last time tested 2 weeks ago
Water temp 81
No chemicals added in the last 2 days (last tested Thursday evening, with FC of 3.0 added .5 gal 5.25% bleach as I knew it would not be checked again until the weekend)
After everyone finished swimming, I shocked with 3.5 pounds of MPS non-chlorine shock in hope of helping with the chlorine smell, and then added add a couple of tri-chlor pucks to maintain the FC level and bring the CYA back up to 20.
Any thoughts, am I going the right way?