Trying to decide chlorinating method

Jun 9, 2010
Pearl, MS
I just started using bleach and if I figure correctly, based on 3-4 month swimming season, I should be able to purchase enough bleach for about $50-60. Works great, but I just know I'll lose interest and miss a day here and there. That brings me to the Liquidator. Adds about $150, but gives a few days between filling the unit. Finally, considering a salt water generator. Since my pool is only 11K gallons, I may try the Intex. I know it's for AGPs, but I've read where people have used it for in-ground. Again, abut $150, but much lower maintenance. Anyone else weighing the options? What are your thoughts?

I've had them all, and I am a Liquidator guy now! It is by far the easiest way to introduce chlorine (bleach) and you can tell at a glance where you are with it.

I really don't mind the bleach. I spend MAYBE 5 minutes adding bleach. Sometimes I miss a day, and my CL is still within the proper range for the CYA level in the pool. I am thinking about trying the Intex SWG, as I do have a smaller pool, but I don't run the pump much (4 hours/day), so I may just stay a "jug dumper" :)

The only downside that I can see with the SWCG is the cost of cell replacement which will occur every now and again. Of course, with good attention to water balance, a cell should last for some years.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.