Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: What cleaner to use to purge a whirpool bath.

1. Back To Top    #1

What cleaner to use to purge a whirpool bath.

I hope I don't get flamed too bad, and I hope this is the best place on the site to ask this ? We just installed a whirpool bath and the manual suggests cleaning it (purging it) twice per month with a special (expensive) cleaner. Is there a good economic cleaner that anyone can recommend for this purpose? Thanks.
    20,000 gal., Jacuzzi 250L Laser Sand Filter, inground w/vinyl liner, 1hp pump motor, TF-100 Test Kit.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: What cleaner to use to purge a whirpool bath.

Looks like a fine place to ask to me! You can use Spa Purge, which I believe you can find at Leslies. I use Spa System Flush, but I'm not sure you can get it locally. I get it from http://www.spadepot.com and never had any problems ordering from them. I think either would work fine.

Someone correct me if these are not appropriate for a whirlpool bath.
    John

24' round Vogue AGP 12,000 gal. Flotec AT251001-01 1HP pump, Hayward S310T2 sand filter, Aquarite SWG T-15
    TF-100 (found at TF Test Kits) with Speedstir and Samplesizer

3. Back To Top    #3

I have always just used bleach to clean the pipes. Kind of along the same lines as doing a hot tub decontamination.
    24ft AGP 52in deep ~13,500 gal
    Hayward Sand Filter 250 lbs
    SWG
    1.5 HP pump

425 gal stand alone QCA Hot Tub 15-20 yrs old

4. Back To Top    #4

I believe that using Spa Purge it is recommended that you drain the tub and refill, If you are doing this 2x a month it could get expensive. I just did a drain and refill using bleach worked fine. Next time 3 month i might try spa purge or another similar product.
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' Kidney painted concrete pool; Hayward super pump, Hayward pro Grid 3620 DE filter(using Fiber Clear). No Heater. 250 gallon stand alone Jacuzzi hot tub .

5. Back To Top    #5

Good points - like I hinted at, I have NO experience with a whirlpool bath, just threw out a suggestion.

Lowertc, you're right, would get expensive FAST!
    John

24' round Vogue AGP 12,000 gal. Flotec AT251001-01 1HP pump, Hayward S310T2 sand filter, Aquarite SWG T-15
    TF-100 (found at TF Test Kits) with Speedstir and Samplesizer