Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Talk about a nightmare

1. Back To Top    #1

Talk about a nightmare

I used to think my nightmare was getting a bad leak under a newly renovated patio. This however is my new nightmare. Check out the pics on this forum post (you just have to scroll down a little): ... tmare.html
    18 X 36 In-Ground Vinyl Pool, Hayward 1 HP SuperPump, Hayward SP270T 350lb Sand Filter, CompuPool CPSC48 Salt Chlorine Generator, Hayward H400FDN 400 BTU Natural Gas Heater, 2 returns, 1 skimmer, No Main Drain

2. Back To Top    #2

Houston, TX

Re: Talk about a nightmare

There's no words for that, just

24' round Vogue AGP 12,000 gal. Flotec AT251001-01 1HP pump, Hayward S310T2 sand filter, Aquarite SWG T-15
    TF-100 (found at TF Test Kits) with Speedstir and Samplesizer

3. Back To Top    #3

Wow that SUCKS!

27' x 52" Round Lomart Sandstone AGP
    ~ 18,000 Gallons
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter 300lb
    Hayward 1HP Matrix 2 Speed pump
    2" Plumbing - 50 Foot run buried 18" Deep - Widemouth skimmer and 1 return with eyeball
    Compupool CPSC24

4. Back To Top    #4
    Guam, USA

12,800 gallon IG plaster kidney-shaped pool, waterslide, 800 gallon spa.
    1HP 2 speed Sta-Rite pool pump, 1.5 HP Sta-Rite spa jet pump. 2 skimmers, 1 main drain
    Purex-Triton TR-60 325 lb.sand filter. 2" Plumbing, Intex SWCG, TF-100 test kit.
    Link to pics of my pool!

5. Back To Top    #5

hydrostatic valve? someone needs to suggest that i think
    15,000 gallon gunite pool, grey plaster with 8' raised spa
    Jandy PlusHP Pump 2 HP Dual Speed
    Sta-Rite 450 Sq. ft. Cartridge Filter
    Cleva-Chlor RP40HD
    Raypak 400k btu heater
    Jandy Aqualink RS-8 One Touch
    Savi Melody 12v LED lights

6. Back To Top    #6
    Altoona, AL

Yikes, i feel for those people. I hope they were able to get it successfully reinstalled.

Believe it or not, I went through the same thing, except we removed the pool from the ground on purpose. That's how we got the IG pool at my former house. It looked almost identical to the one pictured.
    It belonged to a neighbor who's house burned. He decided to rebuild somewhere else and was going to fill the pool in with dirt. We talked him into selling it to us for a very good price rather than taking a total loss on it. We bought the 3 year old pool for $1,000.00 (including the pump and sand filter) and agreed that we would be totally responsible for moving it. We tore up the concrete around it, cut the plumbing, sealed off the main drain and began floating it out of the ground by running water under it. We had it hauled up the road to our house on a flat bed trailer.
    We started the job around daylight, by dark the pool was sitting in our yard. I wish I had a picture of the neighbors standing around watching us in disbelief while this was going on. LOL

It was alot harder to get it back in the ground at our house!
    AG 18' X 52" Round Pacifica Pool w/ Metal Diamond Unibead Liner. Installed in March 2007.
    2.5 HP Baquapure 2 Speed Pump, 200 GPM Waterway ProClean Cartridge Filter System.

Former Baquacil user
    Converted to BBB in Fall of 2009 - Now I have a truly trouble free pool!

7. Back To Top    #7
    SouthWest Alabama

Wow, that is an interesting story. I wish you had taken pictures. We've floated a few of the old propane tanks out of the ground but would have never thought about doing a whole pool that way!
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit