Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: My numbers...

1. Back To Top    #1

My numbers...

Water seems a little off clarity wise (not bad...can still clearly see the tops of the screws in the drains of the deep end. I do have a touch of OCD, so I notice everything I think). For one thing, I just cleaned my filter for the first time. It was dirty, but I have no frame of reference as to how dirty. Should have cleaned it sooner, but why I didn't is a long story. Anyhow, here are my numbers:

FC: 3.5
    CC: .5 (first time I've ever come back with any)
    TC: 4.0
    Ph: 7.8 (I'm about to go add some MA now to drop it down to about 7.6 or so)
    TA: 80
    CH: 210 (this number has gradually dropped over the last 4 months and I'm not sure why...started around 320)
    CYA: 20 (I think this may be my issue)
    Temp: 90

I've entered my numbers into the pool calculator and it says I'm balanced. Can I get rid of the CC's by raising my FC level and without shocking? I have bumped up the SWCG to 100%. I currently run my pump on high from 8:00 am to 9:00 am, low from 9 to 5, and high again from 5 to 6. I think I'm going to extend the pump hours also. I get lots of direct sunlight and the temps are hitting the mid 90's here during the day.
    Approx 18,000 gallons, Jandy CL 580 Cartridge, Gunite, 2 1/2 hp 2 speed Jandy, Aquapure 1400, Polaris 280 w/booster, LXi Jandy Heater, Jandy PDA 6, PebbleTec: Tahoe Blue, Depth: 3 1/2' to 6', Perimeter: Approximately 95', Spa: 10' x 7'

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: My numbers...

With a SWG you want your CYA level to be between 70 and 80. This will make a huge difference. Right now with low CYA you FC level drops during the day, which is probably where the CC and slight haze is coming from.

CC at 0.5 or lower is alright. You only need to worry about it when it is 1.0 or higher.

You should bring your CH level up a little.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks again Jason. Is the HTH CYA from Home Depot ok? I'm 30 minutes from the nearest pool supply store.
    Approx 18,000 gallons, Jandy CL 580 Cartridge, Gunite, 2 1/2 hp 2 speed Jandy, Aquapure 1400, Polaris 280 w/booster, LXi Jandy Heater, Jandy PDA 6, PebbleTec: Tahoe Blue, Depth: 3 1/2' to 6', Perimeter: Approximately 95', Spa: 10' x 7'

4. Back To Top    #4

Yes.
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner
    http://www.PerfectlyClearPoolService.com