Waaay NW MN
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
if anyone is looking, I just spent some time comparison shopping/snooping and found one for my pool size for $85.71 including shipping ($70.47 + $15.24 shipping) Can't beat that with a stick, its cheaper WITH the shipping than my leaf net cost total with one of those "free shipping" places. Same cover. I saw it here

http://www.poolcenter.com/leaf_nets_for ... covers.htm

Got mine at another very good place, just cost more. Nows the time of year to think about this before the rush I guess

Thanks for the tip...

I just got finished with my inground pool build, and plan to keep it "open" year round (but then again, who knows?)....

but I've considered covering it with something during our Louisiana Fall, (which is typically about the Thanksgiving week), but have no idea what to use.

I wonder if this product will work ok without some other cover underneath it?

What do you think?

I was really considering a "solid" cover to drag over it when storms or hurricanes approach, but this might be lighter, and just as effective. I was actually considering a blue tarp for those rare occasions.

If the leaf thing works, it might be a little more attractive, therefore get used more often.

Think it could support itself (w/o another cover beneath it?)

Steve

A lot of folks use just the leaf net with good results. You would need to be sure there is not a lot of weight on top for long periods - HUGE piles of heavy wet leaves would obviously pull anything down. They make them for IG pools as well and have very good prices for both IG and AG.

Louisiana Pool Cover

Steve, when we lived south of New Orleans, we used our solar cover to cover our gunite pool over winter; kept the filter and automatic cleaner going, but at decreased times, and kept an eye on our SWG. Regular netting of fallen leaves kept the cover from sinking. The first year, everything went well. The second year, an armidillo fell in, and it was several days before one of the kids saw "a large shadow" under the cover; so check under your cover frequently :lol: . The third year, Katrina dropped a very large oak tree into the pool, and over most of the back yard. By the time we came home, our pool looked like the bayou. Several shock treatments and a new salt cell later, and we were enjoying the pool after the long days of home repair! I know it gets colder up in Baton Rouge, but not nearly enough to freeze the water in your pipes, so you probably don't need to close or cover it at all. We used the solar cover primarily to keep it a little warmer because the kids were crazy enough to swim in it year around!

Missin' them crawfish boils! / Mary

Thanks Mary,

Yea, I don't really plan to cover it for any extended period of time...

maybe just when we know a nice storm is coming...or a super windy Fall day....Fall? in LA?.... oh yea, that day before winter.

or maybe when my neighbor decides to mow 1 hour before my pool party... (like he did this past Saturday.)

As infrequent as this might be, I'm seriously considering a big blue tarp..... but those leaf nets sure look nifty!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.