Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Solar Saddles

1. Back To Top    #1

Solar Saddles

I've heard so many people talk about having problems with solar cover reels that I'm looking at getting solar saddles that hang on the side of the pool. Does anyone have them? I don't want to spend the money and then find out it doesn't work well. We've been rolling our cover and then putting it on the top rails. It works with two people. Thanks!
    24' AG Vinyl
    13,500 gallons
    1hp Hayward pump
    Sand filter
    Jug dumper apprentice

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Solar Saddles

Hey there Barbara....

Yes we bought the solar saddles last year for our 24 round pool and we love them. Only problem we had was that we went exactly by the instructions on mounting them i.e. spacing them out along the top rail....well they were too far apart so we had to bring in the outside ones to allow the cover to drape across them...much better then draping it over the top rail...good luck, if you decide to get them, if you havent already I dont think you'll be sorry.
    New 22' round, 52" deep Coleman (Bestway) AG/10,500 gal/16" Intex sand filter with over the side skimmer/Levelland TX (Lubbock area)

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks for the input. I've heard others say the same thing about the spacing but that was from reviews on merchant websites. I never know if those are to be trusted!
    24' AG Vinyl
    13,500 gallons
    1hp Hayward pump
    Sand filter
    Jug dumper apprentice

4. Back To Top    #4

Your welcome...I just wish we had a solar cover to go in ours....we managed to let our dog get a hold of ours, soooooo....we have saddles, just no solar cover right now....will get another one eventually
    New 22' round, 52" deep Coleman (Bestway) AG/10,500 gal/16" Intex sand filter with over the side skimmer/Levelland TX (Lubbock area)

5. Back To Top    #5

You can make your own out of PVC pipe and a few 90's. They are bit pricey for what they are. I always prefer making my own stuff whenever possible.
    ----------------------------------
    24' Above Ground
    1.5HP Waterway Pump
    Hayward 120sq/ft Canister Filter
    Soon to be abandoned AquaSmart system in favor of the BBB system.