New above ground pool. Started with Baquacil, because I supposedly saved money by getting it in a package. After less than a month, the pool store recommended I shock and sanitize it for the third time as the level wouldn't stay above 30 for more than 6 days. I basically said no way as the money for 3 shocks treatments and 3 sanitizer treatments seems ludicrous for 1 month. Also, it's cloudy for 2 to 3 days after adding sanitizer.
I'm on conversion day 3 and I've "over shocked" the pool. Somehow I got FC up around 22 last night even after following the calculator. This morning it was 6 I shocked it this evening at about 6:30 (raining/no sun). I just tested it 2 hours later, and it is at 16.5. I tested again at 9PM and it "increased"????? to 19.5.
So perhaps I'm miscalculating my water volume:
-The pool store said 17,500 gallons
-The installation guy said 18,000 gallons
-Jason's calcuator says 15,700 gallons (seems like a big variance, but look at my overshock results).
So if anyone can help, I have a few questions:
1) What kind of stress am I putting on the pool by overshocking abave 15 FC?
2) Is there a logical reason for the increase in FC?
3) I think I answered my question on the volume, well maybe.
18X33 oval above ground, 54inch walls, 48 inch water height.