Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Bilt Mor pool Ladder/Steps

1. Back To Top    #1

Dayton, Ohio

Bilt Mor pool Ladder/Steps

Does anyone know if you can use this type of pool steps with and Intex Ultra Frame Pool? The instructions include something about securing with screws to the tops reail of the pool but wasn't sure if this was a must. There is one on Craigslist for sale and am looking for a resin ladder as the Intex ladders are crappy and unstable.
    AG Intex Ultra Frame
    Round 16 ft x 48 in, 5061 gal
    2500 gph Intex Krystal Clear Cartridge Filter

2. Back To Top    #2
    Waaay NW MN

Re: Bilt Mor pool Ladder/Steps

Do you have a deck? Ours are secured to the deck, not the pool. They do have to be secured to something or they will move.
    18x33x52 Buttressfree Seaspray (Wilbar) AGP - 1.5hp Pentair Maxim w/22" Pentair Meteor Sand Filter, Aqua Rite SWG System, Biltmore Walk In Steps - 2/4x20 Solar Panel Setup - Doheny Jet Drive (RIP -Pool Rover Jr) - finally hard plumbed the whole darned thing -
    Beats Driving to the Lake!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Bilt Mor pool Ladder/Steps

You should be able to use it with the intex as long as it has the additional ladder attachment for the outside of the pool.

They may not be as stable as you would like though as NW is correct in that they need to "attach" to something to be stable. I have a similar issue with my Biltmor steps that I am working to resolve now as I have no deck around my pool (and won't).

You will also need to be sure to weight the steps down inside they pool as they float like mad!! Some 3" PVC pipe with concrete in it works well and it will be what I do here very shortly.

27' x 52" Round Lomart Sandstone AGP
    ~ 18,000 Gallons
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter 300lb
    Hayward 1HP Matrix 2 Speed pump
    2" Plumbing - 50 Foot run buried 18" Deep - Widemouth skimmer and 1 return with eyeball
    Compupool CPSC24