Buying a SWG for Doughboy pool

Jun 12, 2010
I am looking at buying the Intex Model 56601E. We have a 24 foot Doughboy round pool which has a 6 foot deep middle (around 16,000 gallons). Will this work hooking in after our Hayward 40 GPM sand filter? We have 1.5" diameter hoses. Will it produce enough chlorine?
I think I must be wrong in my calculation for the pool. Reading here I need 25# salt per 1000 gallons = 400 pounds?
My Culligan man said he could supply the salt.

or should I get the 54601E with copper ionization?
ugh... help.

Thanks for any assistance. It is much appreciated.
Sunspotmom

I know zero about SWG.
I do know that you don't want to introduce copper into the pool if you don't have to. It's what turns blonde hair green among other issues.

Someone will be along to answer the rest of your questions. :p

Thanks for the response.
One question generates sooooo many more.
How do I start it up? Dump the salt around the edges? Our pool has a bottom (middle) drain that we use to filter normally. Should I filter through the skimmer instead? so no lumps of salt get stuck in the middle?

You can run the filter without running the SWG. The SWG has it's own timer, so that you can control how much it runs.

Adding salt is easy, pour the salt in around the edges of the pool, leave the pump running, after 30 minutes brush any salt that is left around to help it dissolve. Do not turn on the SWG for 24 hours after adding salt.

Thanks very much. I have ordered the SWG and am ordering the TF100XL test kit and the salt strips. I will probably get the salt from Culligan man, although I'm planning a trip to Wally World and will see if they have it. I plan to stock up on BBB. I will probably open a post in another thread - swamp water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.