Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Biltmor Step owners -- question

1. Back To Top    #1

Biltmor Step owners -- question

Got my steps in and they seem pretty good but like everyone else they float like mad!

I am planning on going with the famous Anna PVC pipe weights.

My question to you owners is how many "PVC pipe weights" did you use and where did you place them?

Thanks

Greg
    27' x 52" Round Lomart Sandstone AGP
    ~ 18,000 Gallons
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter 300lb
    Hayward 1HP Matrix 2 Speed pump
    2" Plumbing - 50 Foot run buried 18" Deep - Widemouth skimmer and 1 return with eyeball
    Compupool CPSC24

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Biltmor Step owners -- question

I have three - I just spread them evenly in there and they don't move at all.
    18x33x52 Buttressfree Seaspray (Wilbar) AGP - 1.5hp Pentair Maxim w/22" Pentair Meteor Sand Filter, Aqua Rite SWG System, Biltmore Walk In Steps - 2/4x20 Solar Panel Setup - Doheny Jet Drive (RIP -Pool Rover Jr) - finally hard plumbed the whole darned thing -
    Beats Driving to the Lake!

3. Back To Top    #3

Did you place them just on the bottom step only or on the bottom and middle?

Greg
    ~ 18,000 Gallons
    2" Plumbing - 50 Foot run buried 18" Deep - Widemouth skimmer and 1 return with eyeball
    Compupool CPSC24

4. Back To Top    #4

Uh, there is only one shelf to put them on (looking from the backside) - unless something has changed with the Biltmore design? Here are my steps shown from the front with the panel removed and from the back with one of the PVC tubes laying on the shelf
    Attached Images Attached Images
    18x33x52 Buttressfree Seaspray (Wilbar) AGP - 1.5hp Pentair Maxim w/22" Pentair Meteor Sand Filter, Aqua Rite SWG System, Biltmore Walk In Steps - 2/4x20 Solar Panel Setup - Doheny Jet Drive (RIP -Pool Rover Jr) - finally hard plumbed the whole darned thing -
    Beats Driving to the Lake!

5. Back To Top    #5

Design is the same. I just didn't know if you had them laying on the shelf or if "hung" them like the pics on Anna's site.

This answers things for me.

Thanks

Greg
    ~ 18,000 Gallons
    Compupool CPSC24