i will be doing the absorbic acid treatment

rsharp

Jun 12, 2010
im waiting for my chlorine to get down to 0. (at 1.5 right now) and i will be doing the absorbic acid treatment. i have a question as well. right now my PH is at 7.0... (AlK normal). is this an ok ph to do the treatment. im using natural chemistry products. Stain-Free and Metal-Free. the Stain-Free says to have Ph btwn 7.2 and 7.6. i dont want to raise the ph just for it to drop and have to raise it again.

i plan on adding the acid tommorow. there is a wholesale pool supply warehouse (recreonics) by my house and they dont open until moday. would it be ok to start the process on sunday and add the polyquat 60 on monday?..... Thanks.. To everyone who answers my questions.

polyquat 60 and absorbic acid before or after

im starting a stain removal process tomorrow an i was wanting to know if it would be ok to put the polquat 60 in on monday? thanks

Merged back into your original topic. Please keep all of your questions on one subject together in a single topic. Thanks JasonLion

Re: polyquat 60 and absorbic acid before or after

To minimize the chances of getting algae, you want to add a polyquat based algaecide before the FC level goes to zero. If I am following your description correctly, that means not waiting till Monday.

do i need more absorbic acid?

i put in 1.75 lbs of absorbic acid in the pool. my Cl level was at 1.0.... its been 30 min and some of the stains are lightened but they are still there..(the steps are the olnly thing that is completly whitr now) ive brushed them also but im freaking out a little. can any one help?

Re: do i need more absorbic acid?

Everything is going fine, you just need more ascorbic acid. The older/thicker the stain the more ascorbic acid it takes to get it off. You are seeing lightening in some areas, so the procedure is working correctly, you just need some more. See if you can target further additions in the areas where the stains are worst.

i held out on buying more absorbic acid. the stains are so light they are barley noticable. im happy with the way the liner look. none of the guests i had over today even noticed them. thanks for your help!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

im glad i held out on more absorbic acid. i woke up today with the mot pristine liner. it looks brand new!! i would recomend Natural Chemistry pool products, Stain Free and Metal Free to everyone. another plus is that these chemicals DID NOT affect my Ph or Alk.. i dont know if i just got lucky or what but im glad i only have to slowly raise my chlorine level.. Thanks for answeing my question!!!

Everything turned out great. my pool has never looked this good. i put in the polyquat 60 and im moving on to the chlorine. im using poolcalculator.com to slowly raise my chlorine..... im using Natural Chemistry products. Stain Free and Metal Free. do these products not affect my Ph or Alk. b/c these products DID NOT change my Ph or Alk. at all....... im thrilled about this but just want to know if i got lucky or if it was the chemicals?

I used the StainFree/MetalFree combo at several of my pools when I took over their operations. Some had green staining that had been building up for years.
The worst one, at 20,000 gallons (75,000 L) took five bottles of StainFree and a lot of elbow grease to completely remove the stains.

Depending on your pool's finish, consider using one of the pool brushes with the wire bristles rather than the softer ones. They can damage the finish (they tend to take off the paint in our concrete pools, and scratch the glazing on the tiles, if they are used too much), but in heavily stained areas they can help to lift it off more quickly.

Interestingly, I only have these green stains around the outside of the pools (floors only, not on walls), typically in shaded areas only, and they were only on indoor pools using SWGs. I wonder if the salt has something to do with it?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.