Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: It seems I've accepted it

1. Back To Top    #1

It seems I've accepted it

Hair loss, that is.

As a kid, I learned to come out of the water with my head tilted back, so the wet hair went backwards. Even after my hair got thin enough that it wasn't a problem, I still found myself doing that. This year I find I just come straight up.

I guess my subconscious mind must have finally accepted that I'm bald.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: It seems I've accepted it

LOL you crack me up....
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner
    http://www.PerfectlyClearPoolService.com

3. Back To Top    #3

Too funny Richard
    Lynn

16x38 FG, 20,400G, 1HP/2sp Tristar pump, Hayward 425sq ft cart. filter, Pro Logic4, SWCG, 3 returns, 2 main drains, 1 skimmer, 4 Pentair deck jets, Hayward Phantom pressure cleaner/booster pump, TF-100 of course :-)orthofish-s-pool-build-finally-t13179.html

4. Back To Top    #4

I think it's from wearin' that ball cap.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

5. Back To Top    #5

Don't think of it as baldness, think of it as "folicular migration". I am sure that as hair as retreated from your scalp it has sought new ground elsewhere!
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

6. Back To Top    #6

Just take hair from elsewhere and duct tape it up there, that stuff can fix anything!

At least you don't have to worry about haircuts, mine grows so fast I need to cut it every two weeks!
    John

24' round Vogue AGP 12,000 gal. Flotec AT251001-01 1HP pump, Hayward S310T2 sand filter, Aquarite SWG T-15
    TF-100 (found at TF Test Kits) with Speedstir and Samplesizer

7. Back To Top    #7

I have alopecia... so mine comes and goes in big circular patches that my kids refer to as my "crop circles". I just wish it would make up its mind... bald or not!
    (DIY):16K Gal 20X30 rectangular IG Gunite, w/spa, CCP 520 filter,2 Pentair VS pumps, 400KBTU Pentair gas heater, Heat Pump for cooling, **update5.25.2013** added an intellichem with acid pump that will control existing SWG. My Build Thread Here

8. Back To Top    #8

Not going bald,,just showing more face!,Pattern baldness for me and clippers set to scalp take care of the rest.
    21000 Gallons I/G,,Vinyl,, 1.5 H.P. Hayward Pump,, Hayward Sand Filter S244T.. Liquidator.

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by joel0711
    Not going bald,,just showing more face!
    lol
    Inground concrete pool 14600 gallons,Pentair Whisperflo 3/4HP WFE-3, Hayward swimclear 420sq ft
    Zodiac LM3-24 SWG, Dolphin Diagnostic poolrobot, Heatpump Gullberg&Jansson 13,8KW, TF testkit.

Seen a shooting star tonight And I thought of you You were trying to break into another world A world I never knew
    I always kind of wondered If you ever made it through Seen a shooting star tonight And I thought of you

10. Back To Top    #10

Well it can make you a faster swimmer (less resistance)
    ~_~ Sherry ~_~
    24' Round AGP, 13,500gal, 1.5hp Hayward
    Cartridge
    TF100 Test Kit BBB Baby!!!

11. Back To Top    #11

Quote Originally Posted by zea3
    Don't think of it as baldness, think of it as "folicular migration". I am sure that as hair as retreated from your scalp it has sought new ground elsewhere!
    On my chin.
    1981, 25K, IG, Blue Plaster 1996, somewhat oval, widens a bit at shallow end, 1.5" pipes, 2" at Pad, 1 separate main drain, 1 skimmer, 4 returns + dedicated cleaner return, 10 ft deep end with very fast decline from shallow, Pentair Quad 80 DE, Pentair Intelliflo VF, 3/4 HP Booster Pump (equipment pad about 8 ft below top of pool), Challanger 3/4 Trash/Emergency Pump 120v, Polaris 280 (pressure), iRobot Verro cleaner (robotic), Aquabot Turbo (robotic), Jacuzzi Tracker 4X (vacuum) Pool Blaster (Buster), Two (2) PoolSkims, Solar Breeze (solar powered top skimmer) (beta to ver. 2, release date 2010), ColorSplash LED replacement bulb. Aries 550 gal separate spa, 2002 (our 3rd and BEST spa) , BBB-Bromine

12. Back To Top    #12

I was mortified when my husband told my friends with a S*-eating grin that he didn't "go" bald, he "wore it off"
    18x33x52 Buttressfree Seaspray (Wilbar) AGP - 1.5hp Pentair Maxim w/22" Pentair Meteor Sand Filter, Aqua Rite SWG System, Biltmore Walk In Steps - 2/4x20 Solar Panel Setup - Doheny Jet Drive (RIP -Pool Rover Jr) - finally hard plumbed the whole darned thing -
    Beats Driving to the Lake!

13. Back To Top    #13

I keep wondering when Sports Clips is going to charge me an extra buck or two for my "neck trim".

14. Back To Top    #14

I'm with ya man! Instead of a comb I use a squeegee.
    11,872 Gallon IG Shotcrete play pool
    Blue Granite Pebble Sheen finish
    Hayward SwimClear c4025, Navigator & Tristar 1.75hp pump
    2' Powerfall

15. Back To Top    #15

Baldness doesn't run in either side of my family, so I'll most likely be 70 with a full head of hair!

Quote Originally Posted by 257WbyMag
    I keep wondering when Sports Clips is going to charge me an extra buck or two for my "neck trim".
    Just tell them there's less to do with your head, so the neck should offset the cost!
    John

24' round Vogue AGP 12,000 gal. Flotec AT251001-01 1HP pump, Hayward S310T2 sand filter, Aquarite SWG T-15
    TF-100 (found at TF Test Kits) with Speedstir and Samplesizer