Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Salt too high

1. Back To Top    #1

Salt too high

My swg runs optimum at 4000, my salt level is 5320. How do you you get it lower? I would rather not drain water because my cya is only 50,and I need to bring that up.

What should I do. I do not want to damage my equip. with a salt level too high.
    20,000 gallon viking fiberglass pool w/aqua comfort heat pump, pentair whisperflo pump 1.5hp autopilot dig-220 swg w/RC42 cell (42,000), pg2000 fiber optic lights
    hayward sand filter(medium is echoglass)
    Blue diamond robot cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Salt too high

There are only two ways to get the salt level down, replace water and a reverse osmosis treatment. Check your SWG manual to see how high it can have the salt level and still work. You probably won't need to replace all that much water.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

It said in the manual not to exceed a salt level of 13000ppm, it will damage the electronics. So i guess I am safe there. How about the pump and I also have a heat pump, could it do any damage to them?
    20,000 gallon viking fiberglass pool w/aqua comfort heat pump, pentair whisperflo pump 1.5hp autopilot dig-220 swg w/RC42 cell (42,000), pg2000 fiber optic lights

4. Back To Top    #4

One more thing my fc is 6.5 so I lowered the output on the control board

5. Back To Top    #5

As long as your Salt level is below 6000 there isn't any significant risk to the pool. The risk of corrosion from salt rises very slowly as the salt level goes up to about 6000. Over 6000 it rises much more quickly.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

6. Back To Top    #6

Thank you, I need to add water today so that should help a bit.