Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Reagent prices

1. Back To Top    #1

Reagent prices

Called around today looking for 0013 Reagent. WOW!! 2oz for $14.50 at one place. 2oz $7.50 at another. the real kicker was Leslies just across the border from us at $24.99 for a GALLON.Does that gal price sound right?? If I bought a gallon how long( properly stored) will it last?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Reagent prices

A few years I would think... store it indoors in a dark, temp controlled place.
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner
    http://www.PerfectlyClearPoolService.com

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by oletrout
    Called around today looking for 0013 Reagent. WOW!! 2oz for $14.50 at one place. 2oz $7.50 at another. the real kicker was Leslies just across the border from us at $24.99 for a GALLON.Does that gal price sound right?? If I bought a gallon how long( properly stored) will it last?
    I would check and make sure it is the right thing.
    13,000 Plaster IG Pool approx
    Hayward C5030 Cart Filter
    Emerson 1081 EB653 1.0 HP 1.40 S.F. 3450 RPM
    Pool Calculator, Pool School, TF Test Kits

4. Back To Top    #4

I see Taylor sells it directly for $32, so the price may be correct. I personally just bought 8 oz from TF Testkits. A very reasonable price at $7.50 for 8 oz. Plus it arrived super quick. I'm one month into BBB and had i known then what i know now, I would have bought the TF100 instead of the K-2006 (although it is a great test kit). I had no idea how much of each reagent i was going to go through. Especially when shocking, lowering TA etc. Live and learn. This forum is the best. I have learned SO much in the past month.
    20000 gal IG freeform, vinyl, Pentair Sand Dollar filter, Pentair 2 speed pump, Pentair Intellitouch controller, Pentair Heat Pump. Built 2008

5. Back To Top    #5

Remember folks our friend is from Canada and this stuff costs way more up North...and unfortunately Dave can't ship to Canada.
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner
    http://www.PerfectlyClearPoolService.com

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by jt100
    I had no idea how much of each reagent i was going to go through. Especially when shocking, lowering TA etc. Live and learn. This forum is the best. I have learned SO much in the past month.
    at excess reagent use. I started here last year and drove these guys nuts . Every time I did the chlorine test I followed the instructions and was out of powder after 3-4 days. It said to use one heaping SCOOP. Well--I was using the paddle end of that darn thing AND heaping it as per instruction.