Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pump Timer question

1. Back To Top    #1

Pump Timer question

Please excuse me if this topic has been addressed. The amount of info on this site overwhelms the search engine as well as me. I couldn't wade through all of the responses to my query.

I would like to know if plugging my pump into a plug in timer would be appropriate while I am on vacation for a week.

Thanks.
    2005 Dimension One Venture model 370 gal. hot tub. We'll be using the TFP method to keep it clean and ready to use!
    TFP - The Finest Phorum on the Net!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pump Timer question

Yes, as long as the timer is rated for a heavy load. Many of the cheap lamp timers can't handle turning a pump motor on and off.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks. Do you think the big box stores may carry them or shall I try a mom and pop store.
    2005 Dimension One Venture model 370 gal. hot tub. We'll be using the TFP method to keep it clean and ready to use!
    TFP - The Finest Phorum on the Net!

4. Back To Top    #4

I've seen Intermatic timers at both Lowes and Home Depot.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit