Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Plumbing question should I have put in an inlet for a vac?

1. Back To Top    #1

Plumbing question should I have put in an inlet for a vac?

I got to thinking last night as I was starting up the pump and filter and checking for leaks in the pipe etc.

Should I have added a "T" to the suction line with a cap in order to use it for vacuuming the pool or should I simply stick with one of those "covers" that go on the skimmer and allows for the hose hook up -- this is what I had for my old intex.

My plumbing is all schedule 40 hard PVC. I have a 2 way Jandy Valve at the skimmer -- guess I should have done a 3 way here instead, huh.

Greg
    27' x 52" Round Lomart Sandstone AGP
    ~ 18,000 Gallons
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter 300lb
    Hayward 1HP Matrix 2 Speed pump
    2" Plumbing - 50 Foot run buried 18" Deep - Widemouth skimmer and 1 return with eyeball
    Compupool CPSC24

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Plumbing question should I have put in an inlet for a vac?

Using a skimmer vacuum plate is better. That allows you to use the skimmer basket to catch any large debris and prevent it from getting to the pump.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Plumbing question should I have put in an inlet for a vac?

Good enough answer for me ... thanks.

Greg
    27' x 52" Round Lomart Sandstone AGP
    ~ 18,000 Gallons
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter 300lb
    Hayward 1HP Matrix 2 Speed pump
    2" Plumbing - 50 Foot run buried 18" Deep - Widemouth skimmer and 1 return with eyeball
    Compupool CPSC24