Foam under the liner had floated up

May 3, 2009
Edit to keep all the original info accessible in one post since it doesn't quite make sense on its own
Split from: liner-pulled-away-from-coping-is-this-a-diy-t22235.html
Hate to hijack a post, but it looks like the OP has fixed his problem sooo...
If the word "hijack" even enters your mind, start a new topic! Thanks JasonLion
My neighbor has this issue in a few places on their pool. They had someone out to fix it and they said that the foam under the liner had floated up and therefore they couldn't do anything to fix it. That is maybe possible...We did have a bit of a flood here last fall. Still when I looked at it it didn't seem like it was very different from normal on the walls.
Now my neighbor is thinking $3000 for a new liner. Is there a better way to tell if the foam under the liner has really come up since it doesn't look like it has?

Re: Liner pulled away from coping - is this a DIY?

danbutter said:
Hate to hijack a post, but it looks like the OP has fixed his problem sooo...
My neighbor has this issue in a few places on their pool. They had someone out to fix it and they said that the foam under the liner had floated up and therefore they couldn't do anything to fix it. That is maybe possible...We did have a bit of a flood here last fall. Still when I looked at it it didn't seem like it was very different from normal on the walls.
Now my neighbor is thinking $3000 for a new liner. Is there a better way to tell if the foam under the liner has really come up since it doesn't look like it has?

Feel the wall underneath the liner pop. If there's a big, floated lump of liner there, untuck the liner and cut the foam out :) I gotta tell your neighbor, though, unless the entire 48" of foam is sitting at the waterline, it should still go back in :wink:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.