Just opened pool

Jun 9, 2010
Pearl, MS
I'm new here; great site! I've already learned a lot. I just replaced my vinyl liner and refilled the pool about 3 weeks ago. Been using BBB. I got a Taylor K-2006 & here's my numbers:

TA 170
PH 7.6
CYA 45
FC 2.5
CC .5
CH 0 (I guess; the sample stays blue/violet, never turns red)
Water temp 86 F

11K gallons, inground, vinyl

Do I need calcium? Other numbers look OK? Thanks a bunch for your help.

With a CYA of 45, your minimum FC should be 3.5 (target of 5.5). Once you are below 3.5, you don't have enough chlorine in your pool so you need to raise it.

Do you find that you are having to add acid pretty frequently? Your TA could come down some as 170 ppm is pretty high.

No, you don't need calcium per se, but I question your results. The sample should start out pink with blue being the endpoint and not the other way around. Are you saying that you added the R-0010 and the R-0011L and it was never pink and therefore, you never had to add any R-0012?

Right on both counts. I've had to add MA quite often. pH wants to drift upward. On the CH test, the sample never turns pink. I just added acid per the pool calculator to bring pH down to 7.0 & will aerate to reduce TA. Right?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.