Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Best deal on Volley Ball/basket ball sets?

1. Back To Top    #1

Best deal on Volley Ball/basket ball sets?

I say best deal since lowest price doesn't always mean a good deal.

I'm looking to find a volleyball basket ball combo, or separate for my AGP. I've shopped around a bit, and found some, but I'm wondering what you've used.
    13,500 Wilkes Vinyl AG (15'x30' rectangular)
    Hayward Power-Flo LX SP1580, 1HP
    Hayward S-160T High Rate Sand Filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Best deal on Volley Ball/basket ball sets?

I wish I knew the answer. I am looking for one for an in ground pool.
    If it's not a Lab then it's just a dog!
    [i]When Lab's were created God was just showing off.[i]

3. Back To Top    #3

The wife and kids gave me a volleyball set for Father's Day yesterday and I am not really happy with it.

I am instead going to mount 2 PVC poles in the ground (1 1/2 inch since I have some old ones just laying around) fill them with regular old sand. Screw some eye hooks to them. Then I will restring the net we got with marine rope with a carabiner on the each end for quick removal.

Shouldn't cost too much do be much better and sturdier and no "support" ropes tied pulled out and staked in the yard for everyone to trip on.

I would say look at this idea I listed but buy your own net so that it covers the entire pool (the one in the kit was barely 18').

Hoops -- from what I have read the best ones mount on a pole on your deck or in the ground. I will either do the same or just buy a floater.

Greg
    27' x 52" Round Lomart Sandstone AGP
    ~ 18,000 Gallons
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter 300lb
    Hayward 1HP Matrix 2 Speed pump
    2" Plumbing - 50 Foot run buried 18" Deep - Widemouth skimmer and 1 return with eyeball
    Compupool CPSC24

4. Back To Top    #4

What I ended up doing was using a volleyball net from a set we got at Goodwill, and mounting eye hooks into the fence around the pool, and stringing it across. The net was actually longer than the width of the fence, but it works.
    13,500 Wilkes Vinyl AG (15'x30' rectangular)
    Hayward Power-Flo LX SP1580, 1HP
    Hayward S-160T High Rate Sand Filter

5. Back To Top    #5

I just got the BB from Brookstone or thru Amazon who sells it for brookstone.com. No volleyball with it but the kids just love the basketball set and so far it has been pretty good. Missing a few washers, a water cap etc. but I'm hoping it holds up and think it should.
    Super-Wide 44" Cool Jam Pro Poolside Basketball $199 and free shipping. I've bought the floating baskets and they fall apart in no time and just wasted money. The kids didn't care for the ball that came with this set as they said it was too bouncy but i also bought a spare ball which was a blue and white Dunn-Rite Water Basket Ball "Splash-It. That ball is like a real basketball but either is fine.
    It's the cheapest I've seen it as the prices go from the 199-300 and most add on shipping.

http://www.amazon.com/Super-Wide-Cool-J ... 468&sr=8-2
    15x30 In ground vinyl liner, 16000 gallons. Sta-Rite Sys 3 Cartridge Filter (S7M120), Aqua Comfort Heat Pump Model 110, Sta-Rite Max-E-Pro 1.5HP 2 Speed Pump (Model P6RA6YF-206L), Loop Loc Mesh Winter Cover and always use Solar Cover. Polaris 9300 Sport Cleaner, Taylor K-2006 Test Kit.
    Liquid Super Chlor 12% (Sodium hypochlorite)