What a difference a good pump makes -- wow.

GCS

Jul 28, 2008
So we just got our 27' round AGP up and going and I finished the electrical last night and got the filter and pump running.

What a difference a good quality pump makes ... unbelievable.

I was running an old 1HP Hayward power flo pump on an 18' Intex and it did pretty well, flow was good and it kept the pool pretty clean.

At the recommendation of folks on this forum I decided to go with new equipment for the new pool - 1HP 2 speed Hayward Matrix Pump. The amount of water moved on high speed is way more than the old pump. I would dare to say almost twice as much. The new set up is even having to go 50+ feet to return the water to the pool compared to being right next to the pool.

I am currently running it full out for now but once the pool has stabilized chemically speaking I will be dropping it to low speed.

While it this was an unplanned expense in the pool budget it sure seems to be a worthwhile one!

Greg

we have a 1.5 hp pump and man it puts so much water out it turns our pool into a giant whirlpool... all of the kids absolutley love it. they try to swim against the return and its pretty hard. when i try i just swim in one place...... it does help but if u dont have a good enough sandfilter then it really wouldnt matter anyways!!!

when we were looking around this was the set they reccomened. although it was more or less a sales tactic for them i am glad we have this set. our last set was a 1 hp pump/ 18 in sand filter and it could never achieve the level of satisfaction i have now. half of our pool has big trees that are pretty close and when any debri falls into the pool in goes straight to the middle so anytime i vacume i just do the center and the rest of the pool is already clean!!!!!!!!!!

We got our pump going today also. Look at the post about undersized pumps for Intex pool. The water goes around in circles in mine too now. I ran it for an hour and the pool looks great. The Intex pump I had would run 24/7 and NEVER cleans the pool like this. One Hour a day compared to 24/7 running the pump is a big difference in electricty. :party:

I got a deal too getting the Hayward pump and filter setup for $183.00 including tax brand new. It was on sale at Leslie's Pool supply 25% off and since I buy from them they put an extra 10% off the price. Well worth the garbage you go through with INTEX pumps, filters, and undersized pumps and crappy hoses. Mine is hard and hose plumbed but the hose is smooth inside from HAyward that came with the pump. Not ribbed inside and out like Intex.

I have the water hose type vaccuum but it is home-made and sucks up everything quickly. WE used the INTEX vacuum and It hardly worked at all.

[attachment=0:2oapbotq]183818[1] (2).jpg[/attachment:2oapbotq]

Attachments

• 183818[1] (2).jpg
    183818[1] (2).jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 91
i went to the intex website and it seems to me that every single pool has a super small filtration system. how could anyone keep a pool clean with something so small. i would never buy an intex pool but if i had to i would deff. invest in a better filtration system!!!!!!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.