Penter IntelliFlo and automation of pumps and draining

May 16, 2010
CA
Hello all. I am looking for some advice regarding the Pentair IntelliFlo pumps and SunTouch. Is the SunTouch able to ramp up the speed of the VS 3050 pump during the middle of a cycle? Say it is running 1000 RPM, can the SunTouch bump it up to 1500 RPM for a set amount of time and then back down to 1000 RPM? Are there automation systems by other manufacturers that can do this?

I am also curious what solutions there are for automated pool draining. I don't need the automation to decide when to drain, I would just like to be able to press a button from inside the house during rainy season to start and stop the draining. There is a currently a hose bib which has to be manually opened to start draining. It is a real pain, especially when it is pouring and muddy. I am wondering an electric sprinkler valve would do the trick.

Any help is much appreciated.

MikeGyver said:
I am also curious what solutions there are for automated pool draining. I don't need the automation to decide when to drain, I would just like to be able to press a button from inside the house during rainy season to start and stop the draining.

Rainy season? You're in California, man! We don't have a rainy season! You're blowing the illusion of 365 days of sunshine, sandy beaches, palm trees and balmy breezes!

Next you'll tell me Santa Claus isn't real :lol:

I'm somewhat curious about what the SunTouch control can do with the VS3050 also, like Mike's question above.

Can the SunTouch control run the Intelliflo VS at 1000rpm for a period. Then run it at 1500 for another period?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.