So confused about what is going on?
FC 1
CC 1
TC 2?
Ph 7.2
TA 110
CH 350
CYA 50

The pump gets up to 26 lbs of pressure and the cleaner will not move. When I let it skim, the filter is still showing 20+ lbs.
I have added chlorine, more chlorine and more chlorine.
Filter media is clean, just cleaned it 2 weeks ago. I have done a backflush once because I was cleaning up algae. There is no green in the poo and the filter is clean.
Does this sound like the pump, filter or chemicals being out of balance? I am so lost. The pool is getting cleaner, but it is cloudy. I brush it everyday and keep adding chlorine to raise the level. (the numbers are before the chlorine dump this last time.)
Also, when I turn off the pump, the lines make a clunking sound and shake.
Help please.

You need more chlorine. With your CC at one, you probably want to shock the pool, and then maintain your chlorine at 6ppm, never letting it drop below 4ppm. Your pressure rise is probably the result of dirty grids. Have you soaked them according to the manufacturer's instructions?

I will shock again. I have soaked the grids in some chlorine and water. I do not have any instructions from a manufacturer, this is our first home with a pool...Is there more to cleaning them than just some chlorine and water? UGH.
Thank you for the help.

jabsaw said:
I will shock again. I have soaked the grids in some chlorine and water. I do not have any instructions from a manufacturer, this is our first home with a pool...Is there more to cleaning them than just some chlorine and water? UGH.
Thank you for the help.

What brand and model filter do you have?

Hi Neighbor! Let me tell you, I had the same problem for about a month where I kept losing suction when using my vaccum and had to manually wash the grids every other day. The DE filter grids looked visually clean but I went ahead and cleaned them with some muriatic acid and I havent had to take that filter apart in 3 weeks! My Baracuda would stop moving when the pressure went between 25 and 30

P.S. the reason they were bad was because I wasnt putting in ENOUGH D.E.

It is a Crystal Clear II from leslie's pool supply.

Is muriatic acid necessary to clean the grids? How do I do that? My hubby hates me using acid because it is so caustic and could be dangerous...He barely lets me add it to the pool. =)

That is the EXACT Filter I have as well! I learned to be very patient, as I'm not even plumbed to backwash my filter yet.

I finally have my pool cleared and blue and clean, but yes the algae and other debris that is pulled into the filter will clog up the grids if there isn't enough DE on them.

Another thing I did was went and purchased an inline filter for my vaccum which caught all the big stuff before it went into the filter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.