Orange-brown stains on the bottom of the deep end

Disregard my previous post, I let the tablets sit on the stain for about 15 min, didn't see any reaction. Took the kids swimming and looked after about 30 more min...the stain was completely gone where the tabs were. The stains only take up an area of about 2sq/ft. I'm just going to spot treat the stains with Vit C tabs under clingwrap and some weight around the edge of the clingwrap. can't see treating the whole 40k gal for a few spots.

A sock. Another great idea MITS....maybe a hybrid of the two; sock under the plastic wrap to retard the ascorbic acid being dissolved and carried away tward the pool water. I'll try to put the tabs in a sock, cover it with plastic wrap, cover the perimeter with my dry suit ankle weights. I'll let you know how it works. (Kind of makes me want to buy a submersible case for my video camera :wink: )

Here's what I'm going to use. I commandeered a pair of hose from the wife, being smart enough to leave the thigh highs in pristine condition :mrgreen: . Cut both legs off, filling one with pea gravel and using the other leg as a second layer, hopefully preventing a rupture and gravel in the deep end. I'll put the Vit C tabs in the sock with the plastic wrap over the sock, with the perimeter weight sealing the edge. I used the hose/pea gravel as the perimeter weight because it can be easily moulded, lengthed or shortened to fit the stain. I'm pretty sure it's going to work well.....I'll let you know.

DSC_0001-2.jpg

DSC_0003-2.jpg

DSC_0004-1.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.