Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: dirt coming out of pool jets

1. Back To Top    #1

dirt coming out of pool jets

Ok so I had a lot of sand/dirt coming out of my pool jets. I just replaced the sand last year and thought all of the laterals were good but I took it apart again anyway. It turned out one of my laterals had a bent "fin" or whatever it is. I replaced the lateral through everything back together and now there really isn't much sand coming out but a lot of dirt (broken leaves ect...). Any ideas??? By the way I put a new multi-valve on top of the sand filter that i found in my garage still in the plastic bad that the original owner of the house must've left behind... still no fix though.
    20000 gal. 28' round
    1.5 hp pump
    3.5 and 6 deep
    22" round meteor sand filter
    tf-100 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: dirt coming out of pool jets

How long has the filter been running since you put it back together? It may take a while to clear out all the debris from the plumbing.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

It's been running about 14 hours or so. You think it could still be clearing stuff out?
    20000 gal. 28' round
    1.5 hp pump
    3.5 and 6 deep
    tf-100 test kit

4. Back To Top    #4

It should have been cleared by now. Are you currently vacuuming up the kind of debris that's coming out of the returns? If so the problem might be the multiport valve bypassing water.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

i was for a minute or so but then I threw my robot but that works off one of the returns jets. To make it run properly I have to close all of my other jets so there is enough power coming out of the one that it's hooked up to. It's then that I noticed (I guess because all the water was coming out of one jet) that stuff was getting thrown back into the pool.
    20000 gal. 28' round
    1.5 hp pump
    3.5 and 6 deep
    tf-100 test kit