Become a TFP Supporter Welcome to our new server and new forum software. If you have problems logging in to the new system, you should try resetting your password. Click HERE to do that. Pool School

Thread: How to get sand out of pool

How to get sand out of pool

Hello....

I have all kinds of sand in my pool, some how it got into my pool filter's laterals....it has stopped blowing out sand, but now I have to find a way to get the sand out. I'm thinking about trying a shop vac, has anyone else ever tried this...or does anyway have any other ideas on getting the sand out?

Thanks
    CK

Re: How to get sand out of pool

The best way is to use a manual vacuum hooked to a plate with a fine skimmer basket sock to catch it.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 1.5hp Dynamo pump. 24" Pentair Sand Dollar Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit
    You can stop SLAMing your pool when you pass the OCLT (You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & You have .5ppm CC's or less) & your water is clear.

Re: How to get sand out of pool

We have one of those little hand held stick type battery op pool vacs. Dang it is quick and convenient for spot cleaning - no hoses or cords to deal with
    18x33x52 Buttressfree Seaspray (Wilbar) AGP - 1.5hp Pentair Maxim w/22" Pentair Meteor Sand Filter, Aqua Rite SWG System, Biltmore Walk In Steps - 2/4x20 Solar Panel Setup - Pool Rover Jr - finally hard plumbed the whole darned thing -
    Beats Driving to the Lake!