Become a TFP Supporter Welcome to our new server and new forum software. Pool School

Thread: How to get sand out of pool

How to get sand out of pool

Hello....

I have all kinds of sand in my pool, some how it got into my pool filter's laterals....it has stopped blowing out sand, but now I have to find a way to get the sand out. I'm thinking about trying a shop vac, has anyone else ever tried this...or does anyway have any other ideas on getting the sand out?

Thanks
    CK

Re: How to get sand out of pool

The best way is to use a manual vacuum hooked to a plate with a fine skimmer basket sock to catch it.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 1.5hp Dynamo pump. 24" Pentair Sand Dollar Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit
    You can stop SLAMing your pool when you pass the OCLT (You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & You have .5ppm CC's or less) & your water is clear.

Re: How to get sand out of pool

We have one of those little hand held stick type battery op pool vacs. Dang it is quick and convenient for spot cleaning - no hoses or cords to deal with
    18x33x52 Buttressfree Seaspray (Wilbar) AGP - 1.5hp Pentair Maxim w/22" Pentair Meteor Sand Filter, Aqua Rite SWG System, Biltmore Walk In Steps - 2/4x20 Solar Panel Setup - Pool Rover Jr - finally hard plumbed the whole darned thing -
    Beats Driving to the Lake!