Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: SWG for Spa?

1. Back To Top    #1

SWG for Spa?

I haven't seen a lot of discussion on these, and as a new spa owner, I'm wondering if these are effective given the relative small water volume. They are pretty expensive. The most economical appears to be the SpaPilot Spa Sanitizing System for around $300.

Anyone running these effectively in their spa?
    Richard
    Temecula, CA
    28,000 Gal. In-Ground plaster and tile, Total Control AutoPilot with SC-60 SWG and PH control, Pentair EasyTouch 8, EasyTouch Wireless Remote, Intelliflo VS+SVRS pump, Intellibrite lighting, Pentair Quad 100, Solar heating, Pentair Mastertemp 400 Gas Heater, The Pool Cleaner 4x, Aquabot Turbo T2 Robotic Cleaner, Water feature spillover from SPA.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: SWG for Spa?

I wonder if one of those small drop-in-the-water-type units would be good for a spa? Sorry I can't really help.
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: SWG for Spa?

This is what i was looking at: http://www.saltcells.com/pilot-125v-chl ... p-918.html.

I already have an intex SWG that I was planning on using for the AGP, I wonder if it makes sense to get a nicer one for the AGP and relegate that one to the spa?
    Richard
    Temecula, CA
    28,000 Gal. In-Ground plaster and tile, Total Control AutoPilot with SC-60 SWG and PH control, Pentair EasyTouch 8, EasyTouch Wireless Remote, Intelliflo VS+SVRS pump, Intellibrite lighting, Pentair Quad 100, Solar heating, Pentair Mastertemp 400 Gas Heater, The Pool Cleaner 4x, Aquabot Turbo T2 Robotic Cleaner, Water feature spillover from SPA.