Am I done shocking? If yes, now what?

plucky71 said:
I am planning on raising my CH. Yes my pool is white FG. Is there any reason that I should not raise my CH? Are there some disadvantages?

What I meant plucky is that cobalt stains don't just occur with a white, light colored fiberglass. As Ann said, go ahead and get you CH up to 250 at least.

Re: I still have CC's

0.5 cc is nothing to worry about.

1) you probably should have just continued in your original thread, since this is a continuation, and is difficult to jump back to read another thread then back to here.
Topic merged. JasonLion
2) You should also post a full set of numbers and the appearance of your pool if you want advice on your levels and condition
3) I looks like you were given advice several times in your previous thread, but either didn't take it or just never posted back on your results.

Did you ever add calcium?

Thank you Jason for merging my topic. And thank you to everyone for the information. I'm sorry I have not posted new numbers, but it has taken me awhile to get stuff added. I was adding calcium in small amounts so I didn't over shoot it. Here are my numbers right now:

FC 3
CC .5
pH 7.4
T/A 70
CH 250

Pool is clear.

I'm thinking about adding a small amount of baking soda to raise pH and TA slightly. I'm not real confident in my pH 7.4 number. Meaning that I'm looking at shades of red and it is somewhere in between the 7.2 and 7.5 on the tester. And my concern with the cc's is that I thought it should be zero with a outdoor pool getting a lot of sunlight. Any thoughts?

Don't worry about CC at 0.5 or lower. You could raise TA to 90, or leave it alone till it gets down to 60. Your PH is fine. Anything between 7.2 and 7.8 is fine for swimming and PH tends to go up on it's own over time so best to just let that happen.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.