Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Bubbles from Return - Is this Normal

1. Back To Top    #1

Bubbles from Return - Is this Normal

My pool has three returns, two top skimmers and two bottom drains.

From time-to-time I notice a stream of tiny bubbles coming from the return closest to the pool equipment. You can see them trail out for about 6 feet. This usually lasts for about a minute or two. It frequently happens when the pump first turns on, but it may also happen after the pump has been running. It is always the same return. Nothing seems to be wrong, but I am just curious if this is normal? Could it be related to the polaris cleaner I have that has its own booster pump?

Thanks!
    4th Year Pool owner in Sinking Spring PA
    46'x23' Free Form Concrete (34,000 gallons), Aqua Blue Pebble Sheen Finish, Pentair IntelliChlor SWG
    Pentair Intelliflo Variable Speed Pump, Pentair D.E. FNS Filter, Pentair MasterTemp heater.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Bubbles from Return - Is this Normal

It is bubbles from your SWCG. When it cycles on it makes chlorine gas. You are seeing that return to the pool.

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks! That makes sense. I also proved it out my noticing that the cell light is on when I see the bubbles.
    46'x23' Free Form Concrete (34,000 gallons), Aqua Blue Pebble Sheen Finish, Pentair IntelliChlor SWG
    Pentair Intelliflo Variable Speed Pump, Pentair D.E. FNS Filter, Pentair MasterTemp heater.

4. Back To Top    #4

It's nice when it is an easy answer and requires no work, isn't it?

5. Back To Top    #5

Sure is!