The Pool Calculator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello again, and good morning! Java script is enabled. I'm using ie 8. All other values are computing. Free Chlorine is the only one that isn't giving me results. no matter what numbers I enter into FC or any other categories, the FC result is always to add 0 bleach 6 percent, as well as 0's all the way across the FC results cell. I didn't have any problems w/ it until about two days ago. have tried restarting the computer, in addition to everything I mentioned above. ideas from here? have two families coming over to swim today. :/

There aren't any extra spaces anywhere. I've reentered the values numerous times, tabbing all the way through and making sure there aren't any spaces. No matter what I do, the result for FC is 0. I get results for every other value. ANY other suggestions, please??? This just seems crazy to me. Meanwhile, I'm going to see whether I can just use the browser on my phone....

I did hit refresh, did close the browser, did delete cookies, (including checked form-fill), and also have tried restarting the computer--all of which I listed in my original post. I honestly cannot think of anything else to try. I build computers and repair computers and software. i am truly befuddled! It makes NO SENSE to me that all cells work except FC. Maybe I need to query one of my computer guru forums at this point? Grrrrr!

Actually, yes. I did try reentering the settings and changing the form of chlorine selected. Now, I'd like to share what turned was the problem so that everybody who tried to help me solve it will know that they all had very good ideas and that I am really just a dumb blond (literally). From now on, I will TRY to enter the Now and Target numbers into the correct columns instead of the other way around. I can't wait to see how badly I've screwed up this pool over the past couple of days. Thanks for your help! Now I have to sign off so that I can go buy muriatic acid (as well as who-knows-what-else)!

Cheers,
Kristine

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I too have the issue with the iPhone version losing it's settings after the app is fully closed or phone rebooted. It's very disappointing too that 7 months after users have been reporting the issue, it's hasn't been fixed!! Especially when Jason mentioned one of his reasons for selling it was because pSiFlow would be putting more development into the app that he couldn't

JasonLion said:
I will add larger input fields to the wish list.

The current settings are saved in a cookie. That should work unless you have cookies disabled. Some web browsers always disable cookies for pages loaded from your local machine, so if you saved a copy of the page to your local drive and are using that, it might not work.

I use Google Chrome as my browser, anyone out there know what setting I have to manipulate to allow me to have my pool calc setting to stay and not revert back to default ? I see a few choices but not sure what to select ? Anybody out there use Chrome that knows what I'm talking about ??

Dear All,

The Pool Calculator seems to be down this morning, at least for me. I cannot access it using Google Chrome or Firefox. I simply get a "forbidden" message, a la this:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Can anyone advise?

best wishes,
David

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.