Status
Not open for further replies.
Suggested FC Levels :

In the Suggested FC Levels section what do the 4 textboxes mean

SWG : 1
Normal : 1 to 4
Shock : 10
Mustard Algae Shock : 12

I may have an idea but I just need to be sure. I have an AG non-saltwater pool so i htink SWG doesn't apply to me. Does Normal mean the 'range' that is generally accespted for your FC levels to be reading ? And does Shock mean the ppm that you want to shock your pool at initiailly to kill all the algae ? If so I'm a bit confused ... If the normal range is at 1 to 4 and you shock your pool with 10 ppm, how do you get the levels for FC back down to the 1-4 range ? Hope that makes sense.

-S

P.S. - This calculator is a great idea. So glad you guys made it. :)

SWG is the FC level you should aim for when using a salt water chlorine system.
Normal A to B is the range that people without a SWG system should keep their pool at day to day. The lower number is the minimum, never let FC go below that level.
Shock is the FC level you want to maintain to kill algae.
Mustard Algae Shock is a FC level that is sometimes required to kill persistent mustard algae.

All of these numbers depend on your current CYA level. Enter your CYA level, hit tab, and the Pool Calculator will show levels appropriate for that CYA level.

Chlorine gets used up, both by sunlight and by things like people and pollen in the pool. Unless your CYA level is very very high the FC level will come down from shock level to normal levels in about two days.

I want to use the calculator to tell me how much shock to add to my pool. I inserted all of the data parameters, and it reads "17." I believe that is the ppm of FC it wants me to raise the level to. Correct? But, I do not see how many pounds of shock I should add to achieve this level.

First, enter the number of gallons in your pool in the orange Size row near the top. Then enter your current FC level is the Now column of the yellow FC row and your target FC level in the Goal column of the yellow FC row. Then select the kind of "shock" you are using in the popup menu to the right, it probably says "trichlor" right now. Then, just to the left of that popup, it will tell you how many oz by weight and by volume that you will need.

Bobbyk, look here for more answers to your questions. JasonLion

I think you need to convert this to a version I can download for my iPhone. That would be a great app now that it's available. There are a thousand useless apps out there now, we need a few more actual useful ones...

You could probably sell it. Alot of these apps sell through the iTunes store for a few bucks each. How many pool/iPhone owners are there?

Here's a link for the Developer software...hint...hint...

http://developer.apple.com/iphone/program/

Belldiver said:
I think you need to convert this to a version I can download for my iPhone. That would be a great app now that it's available. There are a thousand useless apps out there now, we need a few more actual useful ones...

You could probably sell it. Alot of these apps sell through the iTunes store for a few bucks each. How many pool/iPhone owners are there?

Here's a link for the Developer software...hint...hint...

http://developer.apple.com/iphone/program/

I SECOND THAT!!! :p

Great resource and much appreciated. Would be cool to have the SWG on a seperate page though not to confuse us dumb people. LOL :goodjob:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The iPhone version is coming "Real Soon Now". It will not be free, but I think you will find it to be an excellent value.

How baking soda changes the pH is now included in the beta version, in the effects of adding chemicals section. Like all of the other PH calculations in that section, the results are approximate.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.