Become a TFP Supporter Welcome to our new server and new forum software. Pool School
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The Pool Calculator

Re: The Pool Calculator

Hello again, and good morning! Java script is enabled. I'm using ie 8. All other values are computing. Free Chlorine is the only one that isn't giving me results. no matter what numbers I enter into FC or any other categories, the FC result is always to add 0 bleach 6 percent, as well as 0's all the way across the FC results cell. I didn't have any problems w/ it until about two days ago. have tried restarting the computer, in addition to everything I mentioned above. ideas from here? have two families coming over to swim today. :/
    17 ,000 gal AG vinyl; Hayward 1.5 HP; Hayward sand filter; Hayward auto chl tab feeder (unused, except when nec.); Hayward Pool Heater + solar cover.

Are you tabbing into each cell or clicking into them?
    I've seen an extra space or period in the cells be hidden and stop the calc.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 1.5hp Dynamo pump. 24" Pentair Sand Dollar Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit
    You can stop SLAMing your pool when you pass the OCLT (You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & You have .5ppm CC's or less) & your water is clear.

I'm tabbing.
    17 ,000 gal AG vinyl; Hayward 1.5 HP; Hayward sand filter; Hayward auto chl tab feeder (unused, except when nec.); Hayward Pool Heater + solar cover.

X2 on the spaces issue
    15,600 Gallon, 16' x 32' In-Ground Vinyl Pool
    Pentair VS 3050 pump, Quad DE 60 filter and SunTouch controller
    8 gallon Liquidator, Aquatherm EcoSun Solar Panels, 2 wheel ThePoolCleaner

There aren't any extra spaces anywhere. I've reentered the values numerous times, tabbing all the way through and making sure there aren't any spaces. No matter what I do, the result for FC is 0. I get results for every other value. ANY other suggestions, please??? This just seems crazy to me. Meanwhile, I'm going to see whether I can just use the browser on my phone....

Once you're on the PC (pool calc) page hit refresh and see if that works. If it doesn't, close everything and delete your browsing history and cookies.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 1.5hp Dynamo pump. 24" Pentair Sand Dollar Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit
    You can stop SLAMing your pool when you pass the OCLT (You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & You have .5ppm CC's or less) & your water is clear.

I did hit refresh, did close the browser, did delete cookies, (including checked form-fill), and also have tried restarting the computer--all of which I listed in my original post. I honestly cannot think of anything else to try. I build computers and repair computers and software. i am truly befuddled! It makes NO SENSE to me that all cells work except FC. Maybe I need to query one of my computer guru forums at this point? Grrrrr!

Have you tried re-entering the % setting and changed the form of chlorine selected in the popup to see if either of those get it going again?
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    TFP Admin. Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

Actually, yes. I did try reentering the settings and changing the form of chlorine selected. Now, I'd like to share what turned was the problem so that everybody who tried to help me solve it will know that they all had very good ideas and that I am really just a dumb blond (literally). From now on, I will TRY to enter the Now and Target numbers into the correct columns instead of the other way around. I can't wait to see how badly I've screwed up this pool over the past couple of days. Thanks for your help! Now I have to sign off so that I can go buy muriatic acid (as well as who-knows-what-else)!

Cheers,
    Kristine

Pool Calculator app for the iPad?

Is there a Pool Calculator app for the iPad? This may already be in the works, but I thought I would suggest it anyways.
    Eric

IG 17x33 Grecian - Vinyl Liner (21k gallons), Hayward Pro-Grid DE 4820 filter, Hayward Super Pump, CompuPool SWG CPSC36, TF-100 Test Kit

Still patiently waiting for a BB ap!!! I know we are the minority but still out here!!!
    19,000 gallon, SWG, IG; Plaster/pebble, cartridge filter, 150 flow rate, Starite 1 1/2 HP

Not even available on Ipad????
    19,000 gallon, SWG, IG; Plaster/pebble, cartridge filter, 150 flow rate, Starite 1 1/2 HP

I know the answer is coming a little late, but you might take a look at thePoolMonitor.
    http://thePoolMonitor.com

There is a mobile app that will work on the iPad, but it is actually designed for the iPhone.
    J.Ollman
    18k gallon, in-ground gunite, attached spa, sand filter

I too have the issue with the iPhone version losing it's settings after the app is fully closed or phone rebooted. It's very disappointing too that 7 months after users have been reporting the issue, it's hasn't been fixed!! Especially when Jason mentioned one of his reasons for selling it was because pSiFlow would be putting more development into the app that he couldn't
    1)18,900 gallons 28 x 15 ft rectangle
    2)Sand
    3)IG
    4)Concrete
    5)Not sure about my pump

Quote Originally Posted by thePoolMonitor
    I know the answer is coming a little late, but you might take a look at thePoolMonitor.
    http://thePoolMonitor.com

There is a mobile app that will work on the iPad, but it is actually designed for the iPhone.
    can reports be emailed from The Pool Monitor App?

Reports can be saved to .pdf or other formats.
    J.Ollman
    18k gallon, in-ground gunite, attached spa, sand filter

Quote Originally Posted by JasonLion
    I will add larger input fields to the wish list.

The current settings are saved in a cookie. That should work unless you have cookies disabled. Some web browsers always disable cookies for pages loaded from your local machine, so if you saved a copy of the page to your local drive and are using that, it might not work.

I use Google Chrome as my browser, anyone out there know what setting I have to manipulate to allow me to have my pool calc setting to stay and not revert back to default ? I see a few choices but not sure what to select ? Anybody out there use Chrome that knows what I'm talking about ??
    24,000 Gallon Vinyl Grecian IG,Triton2 Sand Filter / Pentair Super Flo 1 HP Dual Speed Pump ,
    Stenner Peristaltic Pump Injection w/15 gal drum,Stubbed up supply/return for future solar panels :)
    TF100 Rocks !! Pool School....

Is it normal for the iOS app to clear all the setup data upon exiting the app? The app is great, but I would rather not have to go and input my pool volume etc.
    The big dig has begun! 20x47' double roman vinyl liner pool. Pentair EasyTouch 8PSC-IC40, Polaris 9300xi, Interfab Turbotwister slide, S.R. Smith T7 diving board with LED lit waterfall, 011018 Pentair IntelliFlo, Pentair Clean & Clear Plus Filter CCP420, Pentair 120V IntelliBrite LED, Cleardeck indeck solar reel, 530 sq' solar system vinyl-liner-pool-build-in-ontario-canada-new-pictures-t30213.html

Yes, losing settings is a known problem in the iOS version. Sadly, there is no sign that they are going to fix it any time soon.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    TFP Admin. Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

Dear All,

The Pool Calculator seems to be down this morning, at least for me. I cannot access it using Google Chrome or Firefox. I simply get a "forbidden" message, a la this:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Can anyone advise?

best wishes,
    David
    11,500 gal. rectangular cement, 11 x 28 (built c1930); Hayward S180T sand filter; Hayward Max-Flo II 3/4 HP pump