The Pool Calculator

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have the existing iPhone version it will continue to work indefinitely. However, you will no longer be able to download a backup copy from Apple, nor will there be updates. This is because of a restriction imposed by Apple. They require that the new pSiFlow version be a different app than the old version under my name. Because of that, we are unable to provide updates to people who have already purchased my version.

Gang,
This is Terry from pSiFlow. I am the founder and CEO of the company. We bought Pool Calculator from Jason to get a respected dosage calculator to add to our diagnostics tools. We have no intention of changing the free aspect of the web app, and have taken all of Jason's input on requests, as well as trolling the TFP fora. The pool calculator app will not turn into an app with ads or any of that junk; it will stay the DIY dosage tool it has always been. Our roadmap includes supporting iPhone, Android and BB and I will keep y'all up to date on that.

We just put up the pSiFlow version of Jason's app for review by Apple this last weekend, not many changes, just a few tweaks to match the new development kit and iOS. Shouldn't take too long to approve. As Jason has mentioned, Apple has not figured out how to transfer apps from one owner to another. A lot of that has happened by basically turning over the entire account to the buyer, but that can't work here since it is Jason's personal account.

How will we handle the issues this creates? Well I think once we get it up on the app store, we will make it free for a while, and announce it here so that everyone that has supported it and may feel left in the lurch by what we had to do can get on to the new version. Please feel free to post here (I hope Jason lets this stay sticky).

Our main business is reading test strips and other sensors with phone cameras, aggregating the data for the customers and giving them recommendations based on trends and results. We work with strip makers and retailers to connect the strip user with the dealer (recommendations are based on dealer chemicals and the dealer can see a dashboard of the results). I won't use this forum to sell our product, so pm me if you want to discuss offline.

I am a PhD chemist with tons of analytical chemistry experience. I have taught as an adjunct at Boise State (yes, the blue turf). I am a scientist and I seem to fit in nicely with you lot, and I really appreciate what TFP does. Thats all for now.
Terry

pSiFlow said:
Gang,
I am a PhD chemist with tons of analytical chemistry experience. I have taught as an adjunct at Boise State (yes, the blue turf). I am a scientist and I seem to fit in nicely with you lot, and I really appreciate what TFP does. Thats all for now.
Terry

Welcome to TFP Terry, we are glad to have you here :wave:

Thanks gang. We are indeed working on an Android version! Android is easier in one sense and harder in others. There are over 300 different hardware devices with any of several versions of Android running on them! We should be able to realize the pool calculator just fine, but getting our image processing (camera strip reading) to work across all the devices is a nightmare. Add BB to that and you have a recipe for insanity! Got to get back to work...

pSiFlow said:
Gang,
Well I think once we get it up on the app store, we will make it free for a while, and announce it here so that everyone that has supported it and may feel left in the lurch by what we had to do can get on to the new version.
Terry

I just bought it for $4.99 from the iPad app store. If it was free, it wasn't free for very long. I wish I had gotten it under Jason just because I have no way of knowing how similar or different this version is. I'm sure it will work tho, so worth the money.

The version that is up on the store now is functionally EXACTLY the same as Jason's. The calculations are unchanged and the interface is unchanged. What we are working on now is a new interface and add more smarts to the calculations. For example, adding an algorithm that balances pH and alkalinity simultaneously. The software will look at how far out pH is (if any), then decide based on everything else, what needs to happen to get the pH AND the alkalinity in target at equilibrium. This will be in the context of your preferred sanitizer and the effect that has on pH and Alkalinity... Watch for the posting changing the price to free for a week.

Pool Calculator is FREE until Feb 7th!

Please download the latest version of Pool Calculator from the app store. It will be free, so that all of you that have purchased it in the past can get over to the pSiFlow version. Sorry we had to do this, but the App Store doesn't allow for transferring ownership of apps yet. The older version of it will still work fine, and you can compare the two to double check us on the calculations! Pass the word around...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
"February 22, 2011 - Apple has hired Terry Gilton the founder of a small app company called pSiFlow to be their Senior Director of Sensor Technology. Dr. Gilton who has a Ph.D. in Chemical Physics from UCSB joined Apple this month, though he is still listed as residing in Boise Idaho." Here's the link: http://www.9to5mac.com/53182/apple-hire ... hnologies/

So much for an android version.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.