Wny I never get to use two B's of the BBB method

Routine shocking is rarely if ever necessary when you follow TFP protocol. I've shocked 6 times in 3 years - 3 extended vacations and 3 winterizations. Nary a CC or hint of green in all that time. BBB works - just keep your FC where it should be and you shouldn't have to shock at all.

Thought I'd give you all an update and say "thank you!"

I shocked the pool. Backwashed. No sign of algae and water is now crystal clear.
I added 2.5 lbs of CYA granules to try to bring it up from 20 to 40. I'll wait a few days to let it disolve before testing.
I was able to bring my TA down from 110 to 80, which might help stop the pH spikes. pH is now 7.6. :party:

I had added MA to bring pH and TA down but had no way to aerate, so went to work stumped, only to return home in the evening to find that my 11 yr engineer son had rigged this up with a garden hose on one return and plastic flexible tubing on the other. It did the job! I was really proud of him.

Peter

Attachments

• Matthews aerator.jpg
    Matthews aerator.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 19
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.