Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Just ordered Boric Acid and had a few questions

1. Back To Top    #1

Just ordered Boric Acid and had a few questions

Your help would be great!

1) I ordered 3 25lb buckets of this stuff. Is this the right product?
    Boric Acid, 25 lb - FREE SHIPPING
    • 100% Pure Tech Grade
    • Granular Form
    • Free Shipping via Priority Mail large Flat Rate Box

2) They have a food grade boric acid. I did not order that one. What is the difference?
    3) My pool doesn't have a true deep end. It goes from 3.5ft to 5.5ft to 4ft and is 40 feet long. How do you recommend I add the boric acid?

Thanks.
    Mo
    28K River Sand Plaster Finish - 2.5 HP Stealth Pump - Jandy 60 Sq Ft DE Filter - LAARS LT400 Natural Heater - Polaris 280 - Jandy PDA PS6 Computer Center

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Just ordered Boric Acid and had a few questions

Yup, that's the right stuff.

Tech grade is fine...you don't need the food grade (don't plan on eating it do you?).

Just dump it in and brush it until it's gone.
    TFP Method Advanced Intermediate
    • 17,500 gallons - In Ground - Plaster - Hayward Swimclear 3020 Cartridge Filter - Sta-Rite Max-E-Glas Main Pump upgraded with A.O. Smith B2980 E-Plus New Centurion Two-Speed Motor - Polaris 280 Cleaner with Polaris PB4-60 Booster Pump - TightWatt2 Timer - Taylor K-2006 Test Kit - Pool Pilot Digital Nano SWCG

Helpful Links: Pool School, BBB for Beginners, How to Shock (hint...it's a process not a product), Chlorine/CYA Chart, Jason's Pool Calculator

3. Back To Top    #3

Ok. It won't affect colored pebbled plaster.
    28K River Sand Plaster Finish - 2.5 HP Stealth Pump - Jandy 60 Sq Ft DE Filter - LAARS LT400 Natural Heater - Polaris 280 - Jandy PDA PS6 Computer Center

4. Back To Top    #4

Sorry. That was a question about whether it will affect colored plaster.

5. Back To Top    #5

No, it won't affect the plaster.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School