Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite "toys" - ie floats, noodles, forts, hoops, etc ...

1. Back To Top    #1

Favorite "toys" - ie floats, noodles, forts, hoops, etc ...

So now that we have this new monster in our backyard I was wondering what type of toys you guys all enjoy in your pool (other than the beer and the ladies )

Bear in mind we have an 8 year old and a 10 year old

Greg
    27' x 52" Round Lomart Sandstone AGP
    ~ 18,000 Gallons
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter 300lb
    Hayward 1HP Matrix 2 Speed pump
    2" Plumbing - 50 Foot run buried 18" Deep - Widemouth skimmer and 1 return with eyeball
    Compupool CPSC24

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Favorite "toys" - ie floats, noodles, forts, hoops, etc ...

Volleyball.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

My wife and I have this double float that is connected. Basically it has two floats connected together with a pocket in the middle. On another note, does anyone have one of those big coolers that you can put in the pool and put drinks in? If so does it work?
    13,000 Plaster IG Pool approx
    Hayward C5030 Cart Filter
    Emerson 1081 EB653 1.0 HP 1.40 S.F. 3450 RPM
    Pool Calculator, Pool School, TF Test Kits

4. Back To Top    #4

I like the Swimways/Kelsyus spring float and spring float recliner. Very comfortable, durable, and they fold up compact for storage.
    TFP Method Advanced Intermediate
    • 17,500 gallons - In Ground - Plaster - Hayward Swimclear 3020 Cartridge Filter - Sta-Rite Max-E-Glas Main Pump upgraded with A.O. Smith B2980 E-Plus New Centurion Two-Speed Motor - Polaris 280 Cleaner with Polaris PB4-60 Booster Pump - TightWatt2 Timer - Taylor K-2006 Test Kit - Pool Pilot Digital Nano SWCG

Helpful Links: Pool School, BBB for Beginners, How to Shock (hint...it's a process not a product), Chlorine/CYA Chart, Jason's Pool Calculator

5. Back To Top    #5

Intex makes an inflatable recliner float that is wonderful! And it will support a plus size adult with ease!

I would also like to have one of these but it would take up the whole pool!
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

6. Back To Top    #6

That would be our inflatable cooler with the cup holders. : ). We actually have two different type/brands. They both work great. One for cans of bevvies and one for the caraf of blended beverages - mine!
    18x33x52 Buttressfree Seaspray (Wilbar) AGP - 1.5hp Pentair Maxim w/22" Pentair Meteor Sand Filter, Aqua Rite SWG System, Biltmore Walk In Steps - 2/4x20 Solar Panel Setup - Doheny Jet Drive (RIP -Pool Rover Jr) - finally hard plumbed the whole darned thing -
    Beats Driving to the Lake!

7. Back To Top    #7

Toypedo! Its a "missle" that you send back and forth underwater. That, and a cheap plastic ball, both available at Walmart.
    WV Girl

Custom "L" shape IG gunite pool, 36K gal., main drain, 2 skimmers, 3 returns, hayward heat pump, hayward 1.5hp pump with booster pump, ozonator, 4 cartridge filter.
    one dear hubby, two waterlogged kids, and lots of good times!

8. Back To Top    #8

Probably the noodles.

9. Back To Top    #9

We have Noodles, Water pistols, Water bombs, Battery operated swimming fish and turtles.
    15ft round above ground pool (6600 gallons)
    Sand filter
    Jandy gas heater
    Intermatic timer

10. Back To Top    #10

We put up a badminton net across the pool and hit the birdies back and forth. Of course, our "deep" end is only 5 1/2 feet. Probably wouldn't work for everyone.
    Larry
    16x28 vinyl inground kidney, 1HP pump, sand filter, Compupool SWG, 11K gallons

11. Back To Top    #11

My kids are easy, they LOVE these 2 foot water blaster tubes that we get at the Dollar Tree... they dont last more then a week but my kids get more then a dollar worth of fun out of them!
    Lori
    21,200 Gallon AG Sand Filter

12. Back To Top    #12

Of all the various floats, chairs, balls, squirt guns etc that we have, the 2 that get the most use are the toypedo and the noodles. The kids never tire of the noodles and everyone is amazed with the toypedo. It's very ingenious.
    20000 gal IG freeform, vinyl, Pentair Sand Dollar filter, Pentair 2 speed pump, Pentair Intellitouch controller, Pentair Heat Pump. Built 2008

13. Back To Top    #13

We have an Intex "Oasis Island". Costco usually sells them or similar style. Half of it is mesh so you can be wet and lounge. It is rather large and kids will try and jump from the pool deck onto it. Kids love noodles and dive games and anything that shoots water more than 10 feet! Remember to get the dive game pieces out of the pool! Have fun!
    16K gallon, Pebble tec, beach entry. Two 1 hp Pentair Whisperflos. One for Paramount MDX2 main drain, Paramount debris canister, and Pentair CCP 520 filter. One for skimmer w/sock and Paramount PCC2000 in floor cleaner. 3/4 hp Pentair Pinnacle for waterfall. Fiberstars fiber optic pool lighting. Aqua-Logic AQL-P-4 control panel with wired remote in the house. SWCG system that is not used. Ultra-Pure Ozonator that is not used.

14. Back To Top    #14

A beach ball to swat around is also a big favorite, toypedo is great, masks and snorkles are fun, small inflatable boats are popular too.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

15. Back To Top    #15

I probably would not buy one of these for myself due to the price (this one was a gift), but definitely our favorite toy for kids and adults is the sea scooter. We have the Dolphin kind like this...
    http://www.scootermotion.com/seascooter ... -zs06.html

I know it's expensive, I'm just saying, everyone loves it, it has held up for 5 years and the battery stayed good for 5 years, I just replaced the battery for this season.

Other than that... Goggles! Everyone wants to use them, if you can find ones that are easy to adjust, grab a handful of them.

We've also found that water guns are great fun in the pool, as others mentioned.

Enjoy!
    28K IG Vinyl lined pool - 1 skimmer, 2 returns
    Hayward DE 60sqft filter; Polaris 280 vacuum with booster pump

16. Back To Top    #16

Quote Originally Posted by sbluhm
    I probably would not buy one of these for myself due to the price (this one was a gift), but definitely our favorite toy for kids and adults is the sea scooter. We have the Dolphin kind like this...
    http://www.scootermotion.com/seascooter ... -zs06.html

I know it's expensive, I'm just saying, everyone loves it, it has held up for 5 years and the battery stayed good for 5 years, I just replaced the battery for this season.

Other than that... Goggles! Everyone wants to use them, if you can find ones that are easy to adjust, grab a handful of them.

We've also found that water guns are great fun in the pool, as others mentioned.

Enjoy!

Yeah that would be a bit much for our 27' AGP.

Noodles are always a hit and Goggles are a requirement. They have the splash bombs and love throw them at each other and we have a bunch of dive sticks (the kids love these).

I am going to look at the toypedo.

Anyone have one of these? Gets good reviews. Only thing I would be concerned with is how much room it will eat up in the pool.
    http://www.overstock.com/Sports-Toys/Po ... u=12718240

And yes a some sort of ball to bat around is a must as well.

Greg

EDIT - I did order one of the Kelsyus floats for the wife as she wanted something nice to lounge in when she is out there with the kids.
    27' x 52" Round Lomart Sandstone AGP
    ~ 18,000 Gallons
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter 300lb
    Hayward 1HP Matrix 2 Speed pump
    2" Plumbing - 50 Foot run buried 18" Deep - Widemouth skimmer and 1 return with eyeball
    Compupool CPSC24

17. Back To Top    #17

We have one of these:

http://www.swimways.com/hydro-flyer-p-14.aspx

Suprisingly fun.
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

18. Back To Top    #18

We have a number of toys: toypedos, dive sticks, squishie balls, soft frisbee, goggles, masks, snorkels, noodles, rafts, boards, on and on.

The youngest's favorite game is our own invention (although I'm certain others have thought of it before,) and he'll play it every chance he gets. We call it noodleball. Very much like baseball, but the bat is a noodle, and the ball is one of the squishie balls. There are typically three active players: the batter and two fielders. This is a round pool, so it's easy to have three bases, plus home (being the cake steps.) One of the fielders is also the pitcher and pitches the ball to the batter. Batter hits the ball and attempts to swim to each of the bases before he's tagged by the fielder with the ball. A fielder is allowed to throw the ball to the other fielder, but is not allowed to throw the ball at the swimmer; the swimmer must actually be tagged with the ball. If there are only three players, ghost runners stay one base ahead of the batter (or other ghost runner,) but cannot be tagged out. The only way to get a ghost runner out is make a double-play; you tag second (or third, if there are two ghost runners) and then manage to tag the batter. (Pretty rare, unless the batter hits right to one of the fielders.) The ghost runners can score as long as the result is no "empty" base in front of the batter.

Using a noodle and a squishie ball, it is rare to actually hit the ball out of the pool, so it's almost always in play.
    24' AG Round (vinyl replaced 0909) - 13500 gal - Sand Dollar Filter (150lb) - Dynamo DYNII-N1-1 1HP - Hayward HP380 Heat Pump - TF-100.
    Central Missouri

Before I speak, I have something important to say.

19. Back To Top    #19

We have a slide - perennial favorite for most.

A basketball hoop & volleyball net are also hits at our place.

Noodles rock!
    Pool: (2003) IG Plaster 14,209 gallon (Water Surface 421 sq. ft.) ~ Spa: 18" raised kidney
    Triple spillway (Waterfall) ~ With 6' slide ~ Hayward's Goldline Controls Aqua Rite Digital Electronic Chlorine Generator (Salt System) ~ 40K Salt Cell ~
    ~ AquaLink RS -4 ~ Purex Whisper Flow 2 HP~ Aquatech 60 sq. ft. DE Filter Normal Pressure 22 # ~ MiniMax NT (Propane) Heater 400,000 BTU ~ Jandy Valve Actuator ~Letro Legend Cleaner ~ K-2006 & K-1766 Test Kits

20. Back To Top    #20

The slide is great!!! A fun thing to do with the noodles is hold one end up against a return, then blast the kids with the water spraying out the other end!!! It's an endless, high-volume squirt gun!
    12,800 gallon IG plaster kidney-shaped pool, waterslide, 800 gallon spa.
    1HP 2 speed Sta-Rite pool pump, 1.5 HP Sta-Rite spa jet pump. 2 skimmers, 1 main drain
    Purex-Triton TR-60 325 lb.sand filter. 2" Plumbing, Intex SWCG, TF-100 test kit.
    Link to pics of my pool! http://www.troublefreepool.com/my-oasis-t26558.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast