Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Some Jandy Valve questions

1. Back To Top    #1

Some Jandy Valve questions

1. Instructions say to use CPVC glue. OK. Do I use the purple primer as well?

2. Must I use the inlet as the "inlet" ?? or can it flow both ways? Another thread talks about reversing the cleaner line for various types of cleaners (pressure and suction). I'd like to try that, so I have a 3-way Jandy Never Lube valve that I want to hook up the "inlet" to the cleaner line and one "output" to the pump and the other "output" to the return line. Will it work?
    Vinyl in-ground 19k gallons --------- 1 1/2 inch pipe -------- Hayward super pump 1 hp -------- Pentair DE filter FNS Plus 36 sq ft --------- Push/Pull valve --------- Rainbow #320 Chlorine Feeder

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Some Jandy Valve questions

The inlet can't be turned off. And if you turn off the port the pump is connected to it is bad for the pump (though not the end of the world). Thus, the pump is normally connected to the inlet. If you hook it up some other way it will still work as long as you set the handle somewhere appropriate and don't mind that the inlet can't be turned off.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Some Jandy Valve questions

I'll have other inputs to the pump (the skimmer and drain) so no worries there.

Thanks.
    Vinyl in-ground 19k gallons --------- 1 1/2 inch pipe -------- Hayward super pump 1 hp -------- Pentair DE filter FNS Plus 36 sq ft --------- Push/Pull valve --------- Rainbow #320 Chlorine Feeder