Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Updated pics of pool and landscape

1. Back To Top    #1

Updated pics of pool and landscape

Okay it is 10mths later and we now have green grass covering the sand and dirt and some landscaping. I thought I would post some pics. If you would like to see the whole pool build from the beginning go this
    http://www.thathomesite.com/forums/load ... 98.html?21

or click in the sig bar under Pics of our Spool
    We all love pics, hope you enjoy these Thanks for looking

The bushes outside the screen are pineapple- guava bushes. They have the prettiest pink edible flowers and I am told that they will bear edible fruit. I was told that this is a native Florida bush. I put these in hoping for a privacy fence.

DW has named this area as the Pump Pad Pub. She has a sign being made and we will hang it by the pool equipment. You might ovserve that We added solar heat to the pool in March to use as our main souce of heating with the heat pump as a back up to be used in the cooler mths. I am very pleased with it. It keeps the pool at 89 degrees during the week, and I turn it up to 94 degrees on the weekend as we like to swim at night. We love warm water and DW will not go in the pool unless it is 88 degrees or higher. What can I say, we got to keep the women happy

This is another pic of the Dolphin Bar and Grill. The Flamingo Lounge is to the left of it. DW loves to name things I am considering building a more permanent outdoor kitchen here along with a bar to seat at least 6-8 people. I have to put a cover over the top screen first, so as to keep out the afternoon summer showers.

I have the bubbler attachment in place of the glass bowl. You will have to look at http://www.thathomesite.com/forums/load ... 98.html?21 in order to see the other attachments.

The large tree outside the screen to the left is a Loquat tree, to the right are blueberry bushes and a pear tree. I decided to go with fruit trees as I lost my citrus trees due to the harsh winter, so I planted peach, apple and plum trees. I am told by the nursery that these trees are specially designed/ cultivated by the University of Florida to grow in Jacksonville and South Georgia. GO GATORS.....

Lots of green outside the screen which make a big difference compared to last years pics earlier in this blog

Here are a couple of night time shots. The plants lit up are Majesty Palms and the lights are solar powered, $20 for a bx of 2 from Walmart. The dolphin/ mermaid statue is also lit up

The girls enjoying night time swimming while drinking Champagne.

6,000 gal, IG free form,Beach Series Antigua by Marbletite Pebble finish,Sheer Descent, IG Fountain, Dolphin / Mermaid Statues,Dura- Glas 1.5hp pump,Hayward Pro-grid DE4820, Aqua Rite SWG with T-Cell 15,Heat Siphon Heat Pump DX 5.0 109,000 btu, Pool Cage, 1800sq ft Tremron Estate Pavers,Aquatherm Ecosun Solar Panels 192 sq ft with GL-235 Controller,Pentair IntelliBrite, Apollo Magnetic Stirrer Our New Poolbuild, Jacksonville, FL yr 2009 Solar install Outdoor kitchen upgrade

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Updated pics of pool and landscape

Looks nice.
    on the pool build i saw this sprayer you had could you tell me the name and/or where you got it?
    K HOLMES

23 X 45 GUNNITE
    OWNER/BUILDER

3. Back To Top    #3

Dat's Purty!
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

4. Back To Top    #4

I think you and I would be great friends in real life...
    Nice set up.
    Backyard pool-less, but used to be.....
    16,100 gallon, 18x38 3.5 ft deep oval AG, Vinyl, Sand, 1hp pump
    http://www.poolservicestech.com Liquidator
    http://www.poolcalculator.com/
    http://www.tftestkits.net TFT100 test kit

5. Back To Top    #5

Very nice. I like how you have the palms lit up at night.

6. Back To Top    #6

hanau, the sprayer to the right of the pic is a pentair deck jet, model # 580000. It comes with 5 different eyeballs which have various six holes in them. I like the one with the 3 holes the best. I got it on ebay for $18.50. It was pretty easy to plumb as I had the box installed and preplumbed during the pool build.
    6,000 gal, IG free form,Beach Series Antigua by Marbletite Pebble finish,Sheer Descent, IG Fountain, Dolphin / Mermaid Statues,Dura- Glas 1.5hp pump,Hayward Pro-grid DE4820, Aqua Rite SWG with T-Cell 15,Heat Siphon Heat Pump DX 5.0 109,000 btu, Pool Cage, 1800sq ft Tremron Estate Pavers,Aquatherm Ecosun Solar Panels 192 sq ft with GL-235 Controller,Pentair IntelliBrite, Apollo Magnetic Stirrer Our New Poolbuild, Jacksonville, FL yr 2009 Solar install Outdoor kitchen upgrade

7. Back To Top    #7

Brent it's lovely! Great job!
    Pool: (2003) IG Plaster 14,209 gallon (Water Surface 421 sq. ft.) ~ Spa: 18" raised kidney
    Triple spillway (Waterfall) ~ With 6' slide ~ Hayward's Goldline Controls Aqua Rite Digital Electronic Chlorine Generator (Salt System) ~ 40K Salt Cell ~
    ~ AquaLink RS -4 ~ Purex Whisper Flow 2 HP~ Aquatech 60 sq. ft. DE Filter Normal Pressure 22 # ~ MiniMax NT (Propane) Heater 400,000 BTU ~ Jandy Valve Actuator ~Letro Legend Cleaner ~ K-2006 & K-1766 Test Kits

8. Back To Top    #8

Lookin Fine

Love your putting in fruit trees and plants. Beautiful blooms and fun fruit.
    1981, 25K, IG, Blue Plaster 1996, somewhat oval, widens a bit at shallow end, 1.5" pipes, 2" at Pad, 1 separate main drain, 1 skimmer, 4 returns + dedicated cleaner return, 10 ft deep end with very fast decline from shallow, Pentair Quad 80 DE, Pentair Intelliflo VF, 3/4 HP Booster Pump (equipment pad about 8 ft below top of pool), Challanger 3/4 Trash/Emergency Pump 120v, Polaris 280 (pressure), iRobot Verro cleaner (robotic), Aquabot Turbo (robotic), Jacuzzi Tracker 4X (vacuum) Pool Blaster (Buster), Two (2) PoolSkims, Solar Breeze (solar powered top skimmer) (beta to ver. 2, release date 2010), ColorSplash LED replacement bulb. Aries 550 gal separate spa, 2002 (our 3rd and BEST spa) , BBB-Bromine

9. Back To Top    #9

Gorgeous!
    jposeytx

AG pool 24' x 52", 15200 gals, 26" Sand Filter, 2 HP Doughboy pump, TF-100 test kit, Happy BBB'r :)